Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe its just where I live, I dunno. But I Just bought a 2006 SE 4x4. And I get alot of the "good ol' boys" sayin "that ain't no truck" , or "why dont you get a real truck?". And at first it kinda bothered me but now not so much. Cause when I smoke their a**es at the light they come around pretty quick, or just flip me off. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or do I just live in a town full of retards?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
is everyone in your town a "dumb" hick? where u from?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Yes, and maybe. But I just get it from my brothers, who think it is a foreign truck. Narrowmindedness is not unusual in some of their thinking. Oh well! :)

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
yea, if it's not a ford it's not a real truck in Lakeside lol.

But I **** bigger than all the little ford rangers there anyways.

Challenged my Step Dad's Modified F250 to a race up Oldsmobile hill at glamis. He says I don't stand a chance but I think otherwise.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Outside of my work, YES.(I work for a nissan sister corp.) I just tell them to line it up!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I live in Dodge and Ford country and no one believes that my truck is faster than theirs. My neighbour thinks that his Dodge will beat me cause "its a 5.7 and the titan is only 5.6" and it sounds louder. Can't wait to show him up

·
Registered
396 Posts
Not yet I haven't. Around here everybody want too know how I like it. This is a farming community and you can get into one heck of an argument over tractors though.

·
Registered
691 Posts
dude it is envy

i get people around here
saying that they wish they had a truck a cool as a Titan, or they wish they had a big truck like mine

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I get it to. Mostly from older people that still hate the Jap. people. I use to get guys at the gas station want to talk to me about and get compliments, mostly Ford owners but the Chevy and Toyota people never say anything good. I don't argue the point anymore, not even when friends that rag on me some.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Shane06fl said:
I get it to. Mostly from older people that still hate the Jap. people. I use to get guys at the gas station want to talk to me about and get compliments, mostly Ford owners but the Chevy and Toyota people never say anything good. I don't argue the point anymore, not even when friends that rag on me some.
Not too much of that.
However, I have received a "pull off challenge" from a Silver-Not-O owner, but little trash talk. I blew him off the line numerous times, so he has now done about 900$ in mods (computer reprogram, CAI, Headers, Exhaust, ect, ect).

I wonder if a pull off puts my rear differential at risk. Ive seen some spooky post about Differential flaws. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Machado7 said:
Not too much of that.
However, I have received a "pull off challenge" from a Silver-Not-O owner, but little trash talk. I blew him off the line numerous times, so he has now done about 900$ in mods (computer reprogram, CAI, Headers, Exhaust, ect, ect).

I wonder if a pull off puts my rear differential at risk. Ive seen some spooky post about Differential flaws. What do you guys think?
mods dont help for that. Just weight and traction. Dont do it or your truck may run as crappy as his. Terrible on the truck. tell him real men race . Ull smoke him :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Roger that. He has already given himself an excuse- "I need to adjust my exhaust back pressure - Im still not where I wanna be off the line". He's a good guy, but doesn't like that my TT is so much faster.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
My mailman told me that I should own a Chevy.
I told him that I did once upon a time.
That Chevy is the reason why I have the Titan now.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have never owned a Chevy. When I did my side by side comparison, the TT rode better, was faster (much), and felt/ sounded more solid- No "tinnggg" like with the Chevy doors.

·
Registered
89 Posts
yea i get that alot around here.. red neck city.. but i went to get my front aligment done..(local guy) and heard about every import joke there is.. i didnt care much, since the f250 twin turbo i raced i beat twice.. so i think its the fact that its not american. but everyone i know has many problems with there american made car or truck so who knows...

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I get more flack from the Prius crowd and my green friends about my gas usage. I've pissed off a few of those friends by suggesting to go the U-haul route when asked if I could help them out haul a few items for them.

Most truck owners leave me alone although I feel their silent disapproval. I have always felt that Nissan owners are in general are a more sophisticated consumer with a higher expectation of quality and overall performance. Anyone who doesn't appreciate the finer aspects of this truck deserve what they have.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I gotta friend into the AlGore, Inconv truth, Hybrid, Car of tomorrow thing. I sorta wanna drive over Al Gore and the whole anti oil thing.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
MuskyHunter said:
I get more flack from the Prius crowd and my green friends about my gas usage. I've pissed off a few of those friends by suggesting to go the U-haul route when asked if I could help them out haul a few items for them.

Most truck owners leave me alone although I feel their silent disapproval. I have always felt that Nissan owners are in general are a more sophisticated consumer with a higher expectation of quality and overall performance. Anyone who doesn't appreciate the finer aspects of this truck deserve what they have.
Yea, nothing like driving to "whole Foods" Organic grovery store with green peace recruiting out front and driving off in the titan with the exhaust rumbling lol.

Europse is trying to pass a bill that will stop all production of gas and deisel cars by 2040. Let me see if I can find it.
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=8934

When Dodge people tell me to buy them an american car, I usualy suggest they do the same. Dodge is made in mexico, open the door and it says hecho in mexico right on the side! I think Ford is owned by a Japanease guy now? Seems the only trucks "made" in the US are foreign trucks like the titan and tundra lol. And if your talking about where cerain parts are manufactured, well Japan sure seems to manufacture stuff ALOT better than the US in general.

At least around here I tell them to get their facts straight, Titan was designed Localy (San Diego) where I live, and built in TN!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts