Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck starts to shake at 65mph.. new entire front suspension, new brakes, new rear brakes, good tires... what am I missing?would ujoints cause this shake....it shakes like the doors are gonna fall off..

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
856 Posts
That speed is usually a tire or bent rim. Check those first because maybe you lost a weight

·
Registered
41 Posts
if it were the u joints it would be obvious when inspected. did this start after replacing brakes? is the shake in the wheel, in your seat or both? side to side shake or more of a strong vibration?

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can put it on a rack and see if anything is visually loose. But depending on how the vibration started you may rotate tires or swap with another set if you have one available. Sometimes a tire will get a bulge that can cause your symptoms. It's not always visible externally. What brand are they?

·
Registered
41 Posts
While you're at the tire shop Make sure they're balanced. If they require a lot of weight to balance they could be bad from the factory or if they throw off a lot of weight you'll certainly feel it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Definitely check your swaybar bushings as well. They are easy to check and they are very cheap to replace. Like $6 each.I had a steering wheel shake like you... replaced the bushings as well as the swaybar end links and the shaking problem was gone. It also tightened up the steering wheel "slop".

You can see how much they were worn in the before/after top row.

The new current OEM bushings have moved the slit to the corner instead of on the flat, which I think is a much better design now.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
126 Posts
those new end links look great. what brand are those
Those are Moog greasable end links. They come with a minimum amount of grease in them, so if you install them, grease them up first.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
856 Posts
Man, I wonder if the bmw moog ones are the same way.

I am replacing all that stuff on my son's 325 superE while he is in basic so his car will be good for another long amount of time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts