Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a buddy and me on our way to our softball game, and his Q56 shuts down completly like you turn the key off. We throw it into park and it starts right up. my titan has never done that, and the dealer cant find any codes or problems. has there been any similar problems out there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
When I bought my new Honda Accord in 1999 the same thing would happen to me. Everytime I tried accelerating on an on ramp to merge on the fwy the car would go dead. I brought it back to the dealer and told them what the problem was. When they checked it they said that the ECU was out of it's factory parameters. So they reprogramed the ECU and to this day it never happened again.

Well, that's just my experience from my Accord don't know if it will even apply to your friends Q56. Infiniti cars and trucks are very sensitive you mess around with it and it developes some sort problem. When I had my G35 I repalced the intake and put a plenum spacer on it. It worked well while it had the aftermarket parts on it, but when I removed it the car was not the same. I even had the ECU reset and made sure that there was no code coming out of diagnostic. Every so often it would have a rough idle and then die down altogether. Mind you this is after I've use the car and the engine is already warm. Until the day I sold the car it was doing it and puting the aftermarket parts back didn't help at all.

Telling you engine this days are so computer reliant that it's almost scary to play around with it without proper tuning.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the quick story was in a hurry. His SUV has died three times now, with the symptoms of turning the ignition off. i figuered it would be an ECU problem, but i was posting to see if the problem has occured with another member of titan talk.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My titan did the same thing to me today. I was driving at a speed of 70mph towing my boat and the engine shuts down on me. I tried restarting it but it would not start.

Then the weird thing is that it was towed to a Dealership and a mechanic was able start it up again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts