Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a problem with my truck not sitting level side to side. If i measure from the ground to the fender on the front i get 36" on the drivers side and 36.75 on the passenger side. When i measure the back i get 38 on the drivers side and 39 on the passanger side. Any ideas of what the problem could be? The truck is an 05 4x4 le in stock trim with 65k miles.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
are you on level ground?

would think your suspension is toast, but thats just a guess

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Very common. Some say it's due to the gas tank and driver putting more wear on one side, others for the rear that the dominate drive wheel wears the leaf spring out more, but in any case yours is great for compensating for road crown, some are taller on the driver's side.

If you haven't upgraded your struts and shocks yet you're long over due, but the coils and leafs would be what is affecting the height. Btw, a lot of members with older Titans get the longer '09 4x4 coils from Nissan when they upgrade their struts on older Titans, to bring the front up some.

One thing you could check on the front is to see if your coil buckets are welded onto the frame in the same place, but tire pressure, or alignment could also cause a difference, and probably are more likely the cause of the front difference, (if you measured with a near empty gas tank, and on level ground).

·
Registered
777 Posts
Chevrolet's sit 3/4-1" lower on the drivers side from the factory. They say it is for ease of getting in and out but it looks retarded, if you lift or lower it most have extra height built into the kits for the left side.

·
Registered
909 Posts
To get my truck level in back it takes 10 psi in my passenger airbag and 40 psi in the drivers side. Airlift manual even states that as much as 40 psi difference in pressure might be needed to level out most trucks. Weird.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think mine does the same thing (driver side higher than the passenger) I just though it was the concrete in my garage that made it look like that. Now y'all gonna make me break out the tape measure and level!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts