Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t know why, but my truck surges like it’s going to stall and the mph and rpm revs a little as soon as I turn it on until I put it in drive and go forward. What can cause this? It only happens when I refuel with gas and I don’t over full it. The codes that I have are p0130 and P0151, which are 02 sensors. Could they be the reason it’s doing the surge and rev on start up? I plan on trying to clean them, if their bad I’ll buy née ones. 2007 Nissan Titan

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
If it only happens when you refill with gas, it almost sounds like junk or water in the tank. Filling up stirs it up and you get issues. You could test this theory by grabbing a couple of gas cans and bringing 10gal home with you, get the truck about half empty, top it off at night, then don't crank til in the morning. If it continues, you could begin to look for other issues. My guess is the O2 sensors is a different issue entirely, as they would affect it any time you crank it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It came up for the code purge valve selenium, but I changed that twice abs the error code still shows up.
If it only happens when you refill with gas, it almost sounds like junk or water in the tank. Filling up stirs it up and you get issues. You could test this theory by grabbing a couple of gas cans and bringing 10gal home with you, get the truck about half empty, top it off at night, then don't crank til in the morning. If it continues, you could begin to look for other issues. My guess is the O2 sensors is a different issue entirely, as they would affect it any time you crank it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts