Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my inner fender wells and relocated my battery to the bed of my truck. I just hooked the battery back up this afternoon and the truck won't start. I'm pretty sure I got all the grounds that were disconnected hooked back up. When I turn the key on the condenser fans kicks on and stays on until I shut the ignition off. It's real similar to what it does when I uploaded my Uprev tune. Any body have any idea what it might be? I'm hoping there is a ground somewhere that I missed. There was a lot of welding done on the truck but there was never a battery connected or even on the truck at any time.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody huh?

After to talking to Jared at Uprev I think my ECU may be smoked. I can't find a ground that isn't hooked up or any blown fuses. tried hooking up Cipher to it and it doesn't see the ECU. I'm taking to Xact Dyno (Uprev dealer/tuner) in Tempe tomorrow so he can hook it up to the bench harness and make sure it's the ECU.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
It won't turn over; no power to anything, won't crank...

Trying to isolate first what it is.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It won't turn over; no power to anything, won't crank...

Trying to isolate first what it is.
It turns over it just won't fire. The condenser fan is on the entire time that the key is. Jared said that happens when the ECU isn't powering up.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
It turns over it just won't fire. The condenser fan is on the entire time that the key is. Jared said that happens when the ECU isn't powering up.
That sounds like what my truck was doing when my superchips got f'd up, the fan went the whole time, and it'd just crank and crank. Turned out the tune hadnt been downloaded completley, which has to do with the ecu like what your sayin with your truck...maybe.:dunno:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Condenser fan was a symptom of my truck when a CAN com like got cut accidentally and broke the connection between all the computers in the truck when I was doing sound system wiring. That just seems weird your ecu would die after relocating your batt. I would double check all the fuses again and relays. Switch the ecu ones around with other ones just to make sure it really is the ECU.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Condenser fan was a symptom of my truck when a CAN com like got cut accidentally and broke the connection between all the computers in the truck when I was doing sound system wiring. That just seems weird your ecu would die after relocating your batt. I would double check all the fuses again and relays. Switch the ecu ones around with other ones just to make sure it really is the ECU.
Relocating the battery definitely didn't fry it. There was a lot welding done on the truck which is why I think that it may be burned up. The battery was disconnected the whole time but Jared at Uprev said that it would still be possible to burn it up. I've checked the fuses several times and they all look fine. I'm gonna pull the fuses and check with a multimeter to see if power is actually making it to the ECU.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a fuse and I am a ratard. LOL Not sure how I missed it all the times I checked fuses.

·
Registered
753 Posts
It was a fuse and I am a ratard. LOL Not sure how I missed it all the times I checked fuses.
what fuse did you find that was blown? i am having some serious issues with mine too. Its been in the shop for 2 weeks now. I would imagine that they would find a blown fuse though....

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what fuse did you find that was blown? i am having some serious issues with mine too. Its been in the shop for 2 weeks now. I would imagine that they would find a blown fuse though....
It was one of the 20A fuses in the fuse box. I can't remember what it was for though. ECG or something like that. It didn't say ECU on it.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Bad Thread, Happy Ending! Hadn't noticed this one before, good to see it worked out OK. I once went to the dealer for a blown taillight fuse. I'd forgotten there is a panel on the passenger side dash, and just don't notice it from the drivers seat!

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bad Thread, Happy Ending! Hadn't noticed this one before, good to see it worked out OK. I once went to the dealer for a blown taillight fuse. I'd forgotten there is a panel on the passenger side dash, and just don't notice it from the drivers seat!
Ya I was pretty disappointed with myself after finding the fuse. It took me forever to figure it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts