Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fiancee took the truck today, when she went to start it nothing, it just kept cranking.

When I bought it used I got 2 keys, regular and a valet. She had the valet key and a regular key fob.

What could the problem be????

Thanks a lot!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Could be a lot of things.

How cold is it outside?
Did you check the battery?
How about the starter?
Got gas in it?
Is your fiancee a blonde? Maybe she put the key in the wrong hole

How about giving some more details before you just ask for help?

And no, the valet key will start the truck 10 times before you have to use one of the "master" keys. At least that was what I remember from reading my 2004 manual 4 years ago.

·
Registered
250 Posts
could possibly be the key has lost its programming im a used car salesman and we see it all the time mostly in Fords though but that is a possibility

·
Registered
740 Posts
If you post a pic of your fiancee, we should have enough info to help you out. JK. Did you try both sets of keys after she told you this? Did she ever get it started? Maybe your battery is getting weak or losing a charge through out the night.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had a truck like that once.....everytime the wife got in to drive, it would brake down...

No seriously....did you find the problem.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys, I was walking out of the office when I posted this.

1 - it eventually started.
2 - battery was charged, it was turning over, just not starting.
3 - it had gas
4 - I don't know how many times or how long she tried it for.
5 - 45 degrees outside
6 - I assume Battery/Starter are fine, when I got home last night it started right up (with my key) and started up fine this morning (with my key)
7 - Brunette

Does the Valet Key really only work 10 times?

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
We recently learned that one of the three keys that came with our 2007Pathfinder would turn but not start. You need to take all three keys and go to the dealer and tell them to reprogram them all. We just happpened to grab the odd key out of the kitchen draw this time.

Clint

1 - 7 of 7 Posts