Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi All,
First post here. I'm really loving all the great people and info found here on these forums.

I have had an '05 KC LE, Off Road and Big Tow since May of '05. Been through all the ups and downs with the brakes and the rear end. I even broke the casing on the transfer case pulling out a tree stump. Advantage Nissan in Bremerton WA has been magnificent taking care of all the problems though.

Our family and Landscaping business is growing though so we are trading in for an '08 CC LE Long bed. We decided against the Pro-4X though bedause I never really used the locking rear end with the '05 and the Desert Stone color that we want supposedly is not available in Pro-4X.

Anyhow, to the point. I was looking at having the Banks Monster kit installed before delivery in November but I found out from the Service Manager that Banks just made the kit available for the CC long bed but probably wont ship them until they get a sufficiently large order from the dealer. Like 8 units or so. So, impatient as I am I was thinking of going to the local reputable muffler shop to price something like the system that gr8titan has designed. Gr8titan, How much did that run you for parts and installation if you dont mind me asking? I really love the way it sounds. Plus everyone around here with a titan runs either a Banks or Flowmaster setup and it would be nice to be different than the masses. Also, is it terribly loud during long highway trips? We drive from WA to ND every other year.

By the way, my K&N intake is coming out of the 05 and going nto the 08.

Thanks in advance for any input anyone has. And, nice meeting you all.

Vlad

·
Registered
198 Posts
gr8titan - i'm in agreement with vlad - your exhaust sounds aggressive. Must've costed quite a bit - looks very high quality. Any plans of a set of headers? Noticeable gains from replacing the rear set of cats? Seconding Vlad here - how much louder than stock is it inside? :D

oops..just noticed the previous post dates... almost two months ago. oops :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
all engines require a little backpressure. if you have no backpressure you will burn up your exhaust valves. if you are running straight pipe you need to re calibrate your valve lash. (Titan being DOHC not sure how you would do it) if your pipes are too big, at low rpms (below 3000rpm) the big diameter of the pipes will kill your exhaust velosity, but too small of pipes cause excessive backpressure at high rpms. yes "scavenging" is when the remaining exhaust in the cylinders gets literally sucked out by a partial vaccumm formed in your exhaust system. alot of RR goes into designing exhaust systems to be as free flowing as possible but not kill the exhaust gas velosity. typically 1psi of backpressure is awesome, 2-4 is good, 5+ something is wrong.

if one needs more info check out 2 stroke exhaust systems. these bad girls must have excellent exhust design to even run properly! you should see the exhaust on my avatar, man their is some engineering in that bad boy!

whoops! lol just noticed the post date myself. haha. sry buddies...wish i would have before i typed all of the above.

-CJP

21 - 23 of 23 Posts