Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2005 Titan with a little over 11k miles. reason for that is that ive been overseas since last September.

my question is that with so many rearend failures and my Titan having such low miles should i put off getting the trutrac until i find out if im gonna have problems with the rearend?

i know its just a possibility but id rather not put in the trutrac and then have problems and it not be covered or anything like that.

any thoughts?

·
Banned
138 Posts
The rear end failures were normally coming from those that had the factory offroad package due to its locking rear end. So you should have little to worry about.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
The potentially weak parts are eliminated by the TT. Go for it!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
UDMTITAN said:
The rear end failures were normally coming from those that had the factory offroad package due to its locking rear end. So you should have little to worry about.
I do not know about that. I have a 04 XE KC 2WD 2.94, I bought the truck used on 7-31-06 and the rearend had been replaced, tag date 7-12-06.

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
3,569 Posts

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Any special skills or tools required to install this or can a nissan dealer do this.

Also what happens to my e-lock function if I do this?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
PRJ said:
Any special skills or tools required to install this or can a nissan dealer do this.

Also what happens to my e-lock function if I do this?
Yes and dealer can install it, but it will be cheaper if you can find a good mechanic shop to do it. you can kiss your e-lock good buy, this mod will replace it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
titanss said:
Yes and dealer can install it, but it will be cheaper if you can find a good mechanic shop to do it. you can kiss youe e-lock good buy, this mod will replace it.

Will the Dealer try to tell us that if they install it it will void our warranty?

My 08 only has 240 miles on and I can't rsik loosing the warranty. I do want to buy this TT very, very badly as I've read nothing but good reviews.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I suggest calling Eaton to confirm that the TT will fit 2008. Nissan has advertised that the axles are heavier for 2008. You might check with the dealer and check if the 2008 rear axle shafts have a different part number than prior year.

Regarding warranty, you may experience leaking axle seals after TT install and reuse of original rear axle seals.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts