Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

I finally had my trutrac installed. After waiting for two months for an approval from the dealer to replace my rearend, they finally gave me the ok. In the process, I also had them install the trutrac:rockon

My question now is...does the VDC still work? I tested the trutrac today in the rain with the VDC on. At a stop, I stomped it and immediately the VDC kicked in. I thought that having the trutrac, the VDC is bypassed or did I misunderstood the forum. Well anyways, I turned off the VDC and stomped on it again and I immediately hit redline and the Titan swayed left to right in the rain. Big difference! So...do I leave the VDC off or on when I want to burn out on two wheels...or did the dealer install it wrong.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Titan671 said:
Hey guys...

I finally had my trutrac installed. After waiting for two months for an approval from the dealer to replace my rearend, they finally gave me the ok. In the process, I also had them install the trutrac:rockon

My question now is...does the VDC still work? I tested the trutrac today in the rain with the VDC on. At a stop, I stomped it and immediately the VDC kicked in. I thought that having the trutrac, the VDC is bypassed or did I misunderstood the forum. Well anyways, I turned off the VDC and stomped on it again and I immediately hit redline and the Titan swayed left to right in the rain. Big difference! So...do I leave the VDC off or on when I want to burn out on two wheels...or did the dealer install it wrong.
I too was under the impression that the VDC would no longer work.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
My understanding is VCD is there but it should it turn on, since both wheels should be spinning the same way. Maybe some of the members w/trutrac can chime in.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Titan671 said:
Hey guys...

The TT only goes in one way, you cant put it in backward, even with a really big hammer, lol. As far as VDC, my truck has an XE education and can't even spell VDC.

·
Registered
578 Posts
True trac will not allow your ABLS to kick in and because both of your rear wheels will be traveling the same speed.

VDC however is another issue

·
Registered
29 Posts
I thought the VDC was based on all four abs sensors. I would assume the VDC saw that the rears were at 30 mph while the fronts were at 0 mph. It probably applied the break to slow the rears down. That seems pretty easy for it if it is designed to help you regain control in a skid where it might apply the break to one wheel to help staighten things out.

I don't I just know that is how other VDC systems work.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
The VDC will still work, it doesn't know that something in the rear was changed. The Tru Trac isn't a locker so there should still be some difference between the two back tires. The abls will also still work if it senses on wheel spinning faster than the other.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the input guys. I guess I'll just leave the VDC off. The trutrac is awsome! Now I need to email Uprev for a new tune. Thanks again.:cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts