Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question to those with the truxedo covers. Can these covers be cut through with a knife or are they hard. I was wondering for security purposes,and access to the bed.

thx

·
Registered
514 Posts
smoketitan said:
I have a question to those with the truxedo covers. Can these covers be cut through with a knife or are they hard. I was wondering for security purposes,and access to the bed.

thx
They can be cut. With any cover, even hard ones, I would't recommend keeping expensive items in it. if they want to get in, they will.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool I didnt know that you could get into hard covers. This is my first truck so I am trying to cover all angles.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sure you can get into hard covers too. Just take a crowbar! Thieves don't care about your paint. If there's a will.... there's a way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
smoketitan said:

thx
Just like anything else, if they want in, they will get in. The Truxedo does have a latch that is not accessible when the tailgate is closed and locked. This is really a great cover and is much easier to work with when you have large items to carry. The hard covers are sort of a pain if you need to carry anything large.

Here are some pictures of mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Cover looks great!

Texas Titan said:
Just like anything else, if they want in, they will get in. The Truxedo does have a latch that is not accessible when the tailgate is closed and locked. This is really a great cover and is much easier to work with when you have large items to carry. The hard covers are sort of a pain if you need to carry anything large.

Hey Texas Titan - that cover looks really cool on your truck. Did you order directly from Truxedo or through another source? Any good pricing out there? I'm looking for something like this for my King Cab and it looks like the cover works with the rails inside your bed. Thanks in advance for any info you're willing to share!

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Texas Titan said:

thx 4 the pics, and I keep getting that feeling about the hard covers, and moving somthing like a dresser, as I am sure it takes afew peole to remove one of the hard one do to weight. Does your truxedo roll up like a sleeping bag, or roll back like a garage door??

·
Registered
514 Posts
It rolls up like a sleeping bag. Look at the 3rd pic, you see it rolled up.

Either the Access or Truxedo I can pretty much guarentee you would be happy with. It's the first accessory I ordered the day after buying my Titan. Should be here this week sometime. Can't wait!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Canteen Titan said:
Hey Texas Titan - that cover looks really cool on your truck. Did you order directly from Truxedo or through another source? Any good pricing out there? I'm looking for something like this for my King Cab and it looks like the cover works with the rails inside your bed. Thanks in advance for any info you're willing to share!

:cheers:
I was fortunate enough to be in the neighborhood of the factory. They installed it for me and took the pictures. You will have to look around for the best price you can find. So far, I am really pleased and it seems as if the Truxedo staff are willing to stand behind their product.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Put my Truxedo on last night, takes only about 30min & fits perfect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts