Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trxus STS or Discoverer S/T???

Did a search and didn't find much info.

Will be needing tires sometime this summer probably, thinking of going to something a bit less aggressive in hopes that they last longer. I have 35x12.50-17" ProComp M/T's right now. Thinking of switching to one of the following:

Cooper Discoverer S/T
Cooper Discoverer ATR
Trxus Radial STS

I have owned Coopers before with great success (45k on a set of S/T's on my old S-10).

I like the Trxus Radial STS because it is an All-Terrain Type of tread pattern, yet still looks somewhat more aggressive than most A/T tires. I can't seem to find much info on them though.

Are they soft?
Will they last awhile?
Hard to balance?

Basically looking to justify why I should buy the Trxus STS over the Discoverer S/T.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Haven't heard much on the Trxus but you might look into the Dean Mud Terrain Radial SXT. I've been running them for about 15k miles (w/o a rotation :p ) and love em. Great in the rain and snow, okay in mud and not too noisy. The tire is kinda an MT/AT hybrid which I think you'd like. Also Dean tires are manufatured by Cooper so it's kinda like you have experience w/ them already ;) Best part is they're reasonably priced.

If you have any questions on em shoot me a pm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts