Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What in the world am I doing wrong have the top of strut in but can't get bottom to line up. This is turning out to be a big mess. usually don't give up but I'm about to pull my hair out can anyone HELP!!!!! I have pictures can anyone give any suggestions.Take a look at these pixs. Please don't think unkindly of me.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just need to have someone push down on the lower control arm. Watch that angle on your hub and cv joint though.

Reactions: hollywood6318

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes, like import2nr said make sure your sway bar is disconnected. Also make sure your top three bolts arent tight, so you have some room to move the strut assembly.

Reactions: hollywood6318

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Use a wire clothes hanger to tie the top of your spindle to the UCA before you break the CV seal. Then detach one endlink of the sway bar and step on the LCA with your foot... You'll never get it dropped with the sway bar attached. :)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Like the guys said already. Disconnect the sway bar endlinks, loosen up the three top mounting nuts until they are threaded about 2-3 turns. That should give you enough wiggle room depending on how thick of spacer you went with. Just make sure your get the bottom bolt all the way through the bottom of the strut before you start tightening it or you will strip the threads on the bolt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To all of you who answered my question on leveling 2005 titan. Thank you I needed to unhook sway bar that did the trick. Now I seem to have a new problem. When connecting upper control arm It seems to be hitting strut housing "see attached photos" any Ideas?........Again thank you everyone for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Might be too tall of a spacer for your ride. Your gonna get coil bucket contact on big dips/bumps in the road if your able to get it connected. some people grind the coil bucket where its making contact. The oth rout to go would be to get some after market UCA's.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
4x4 rough country kit from j c whitney2" front extensions thought this was going to be a piece of cake turning out to be a nightmare.
Yeah it happens.. Some times you end up doing double work on certain installs if you dont know what your getting into. I've been there. lol.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Is it fully installed yet? Have you test driven it yet? I installed a 2" on my 2010 CC 2WD a week ago and it had contact when it was jacked up but after the install dropped the jack and went for a test drive over speed bumps and everything and I have no coil bucket contact (CBC) at all. They recommend only going with a 1 1/2" on 4x4 for that exact reason (CBC). If you do still have contact like others have said earlier, you have a few options....
1. Go with a 1 1/2" spacer.
2. New aftermarket UCA's.
3. Grinding coil bucket lip a little where UCA hits (should help but may not eliminate).

Good Luck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts