Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is going to be the best route to ship my stock 18" tires/wheels? Should I ship individually or wrap 2 together? What is the cheapest way to ship these? Should I deflate the tires? Thanks in advance to the advice

·
Registered
439 Posts
Talk to Mike Cho at freightquote.com , 800.323.5441 ext 1110 , he will get you the hookup, tell him stuntride.com sent you . i have shipped motorcycles for under 250 bucks, and complete 350 engines for less than 125 , best way to go, thats how i am going to send you the drop kit as well, cuz those leaf springs are pretty heavy and big

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I bought a set a few years ago from a guy on the west coast shipped to the east coast. Ended up shrink wrapping them with cardboard on the wheel face to protect it. Used Greyhound and it took about a week and even then they showed up one at a time on different buses. Cost was about $200 if I remember correct. Not the best option but def. the least expensive.

Or If you can handle what titannewb says above, that's another great option!

·
Registered
439 Posts
with the way i mentioned, should not run more than 125, and will arrive all at once, lol, but they wont be to his door, will have to pick it up at a shipping company, like fastenel or something like that,

·
Registered
439 Posts
What you would do is go to a local grocery store or lowes or something like that. Public is best. And ask them for a pallet. They usually wills just give ya one. Then put pallet in back of truck. Stack rims. 2 and 2 on the pallet. Then shrink wrap them. Go to the place mike tells you to. And they will remove it from your truck. It will then be shipped to a place in the same town as where you are shipping them. They will call the guy when they arrive. They will then load the pallet on his truck. I highly doubt it will be over 125. I would be willing to bet it would be more like 75.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, got everything stacked up on crate and wrapped them up pretty good and bought 2 cheap straps. Ended up costing $157 to ship them, a bit more than I was figuring, but still better than any place I was getting quoted. Total was $175 after buying straps, plastic wrap, and 2 moving boxes to cover up the wheels. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
439 Posts
150 from mike?

·
Registered
320 Posts
In my experience, Greyhound Package express is the cheapest way to ship oversized packages. I have had two brush guards shipped that way and the shipping price is always good.

·
Registered
439 Posts
150 is still a good price, someone said just rims cost 200 so it is a good price, but more than i expected, maybe fuel surcharges have went up

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, it was by far the cheapest that I have seen. Most things I have found were $200+ including Greyhound. The freight center was right by my house as well and so is the center for the guy that bought them, so that was nice. Thanks again for the good advice, man! When you thinking the drop kit will be heading my way?

·
Registered
439 Posts
should have the drop out in a day or 2, then on the way to you, i will be sending it the same way you sent those rims, so thats good that the frieght center is close by!

·
Registered
439 Posts
i'm just held up on my rear leafs, they should have been here yesterday, but they were not :(

·
Registered
439 Posts
yea i got stock springs and coils, rear leafs should literally be here any day , i have a 2.5" spacer already, purchasing some cst 4" spindles as soon as i get rest of drop money from you, and am currently working a deal on some 4" blocks, , pretty much got it all lined up, but these dang leafs are holding me back, they need to get here!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts