Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i noticed the other day that when the titan was on the lift the other day, i started spinning the tires and only one spun..before i would spen one and the other would spen the other way...any comments on that..

also i noticed that when i take off i have smoke come out tail pipes...this sucks.. also i noticed that it seems that i have a cylinder miss firing..any coments on this?..just put new plugs in there

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Are you throwing any codes? What color is the smoke?

Seems like both tires should've spun, unless one had pressure on it and didn't want to spin. That being said, I just read your sig... You have TT. That's just weird.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i did go play in the clay pit and both tires spun..also i stuck one off and one on and they both spun...just i had it up before and both spun now they dont unless on the ground..lol..

no codes and white

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the TT then, your fine :D

Leaking head gasket maybe? Could be burning anitfreeze... Some guys have used seafoam with good results

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what u mean just pour it in the gas tank..and how much and many times..will it be every tank of gas?

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I'm not sure on the seafoam stuff, never used it. Check your coolant levels too. I'll look up the seafoam stuff for ya

·
Registered
17,713 Posts

There's a vid. Sounds like it might be related to your plugs though... Idk, just throwing some ideas and options out there

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Unplug your vacuum line and plug it into the seafoam, let it run a little and rev it up and watch a cloud of smoke roll out the tail pipe. i wouldnt put any in the gas tank even though you can. it works alot better and faster though the vacuum line though IMO

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i have a feeling it isnt that because i know the local bg rep and i did that just a month ago..also plugs..were they pre gapped and if not what should i set them at?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also no coolant being burned..still full..but oil goes through about 1 1/2 quarts between every oil change

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Don't mess with the spacing, they don't need to be changed. When I changed my plugs, I never had a single hiccup. No smoke, no anything. Have you had any radiator issues or leakage?

Edit: nevermind. Oil burns blue, so that's not it. I'd try seafoam and go from there.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
only radiator issue i had was the cap leaking..but nothing past that..only leak i have is the power stearing

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Get a can of seafoam, and see if it keeps happening. That's my only idea now... haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts