Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if 20" wheels from a Toyoda Tundra will fit on a Titan. My cousin wants to go to a smaller wheel and I would like to get a set of 20's on my truck but, I'm not sure if the bolt pattern will match up. I'm also a little concerened about towing my 7500lb trailer with new wheels and tires that may not be rated for it. Any input on this from you all would be great.

E~

·
Registered
737 Posts
you need to be more specific. what tundra? 07+ then no because it has 5 lugs. 06 and older, maybe depending on specs. stock or aftermarket wheels; brand? tires and size?

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
07 Tundra wheels won't fit a Titan, the Tundra has 5 lugs and the studs are larger in diameter than the Titan.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Guy I bought my tonneau off of had the tundra 20's on his Titan. So going by that I have seen them on I will say they do fit.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Nice... Titan guy saying Tundra has 6-lug, Tundra guy saying Tundra has 5-lug....

the NEW Tundra has 5, from the website. The OLD Tundra has 6. Which year is the truck?

·
Registered
235 Posts
First couple posts are correct, a little incomplete but correct.

Here's the skinny:

In 2007 Toyota changed the Tundra's bolt pattern to 5x150 (odd) but before that they were 6x139.7 (same as our Titan) However the hub size on the Tundra is very large I think its 108mm and our trucks have a 77.8mm. If the tundra wheels you are looking to get are 6 lug they should bolt on but I will almost guaranty they will vibrate unless you can find a hub ring that will fill the gap. (this will help you center the wheel on the hub when you bolt in on if it is even a little off they will vibrate at some speed) You also might want to check to see if you will need some Toyota lugs to match the lug seat of the Toyota wheels. After market lugs and or our Titan lugs might not match the lug seat of the wheels.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, from what I see is yes, it will fit but, I might have some vibration problems. The Tundra is an 06' I think but, I know it has a 6 lug pattern for sure. Sorry for the confusion I wasn't aware the new tundras went to a 5 lug pattern. If anyone comes across someone with the 6 lug tundra wheels on a titan ask them if they are having problems. Until I find out otherwise I think I'll stay away from that idea. Thanks guys,

·
TitanTalk.com Sticker Source
408 Posts
They will fit with no problem. The wheel you are asking about is made by Enkie and its called a deep six. You can get a hub centric ring set from discount tire for about $30 to $40 and will have no problems running these wheels on your titan.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you seen this before? I'd like to talk to someone who has done it to find out about durability and to see some pictures.

·
Registered
737 Posts
if it's your cousin, why not take one off and test fit it on the titan? that's proof in the pudding (is that how the adage goes?). you'll definitely learn a lot this way.

·
TitanTalk.com Sticker Source
408 Posts
pyromedic said:
Have you seen this before? I'd like to talk to someone who has done it to find out about durability and to see some pictures.
There is someone on here that has the deep six wheels. I remember seeing pics but I dont recall who it was. You will be fine if you get the hub centric rings. When you look at aftermarket wheels alot of them will require you to use the rings. If it makes you feel better call discount tire and ask them about the rings. It may suprise you how many of the wheels they say will fit your Titan that require the rings to be used. The only problem you will have is the size of the tires on the tundra. The overall height will be shorter then your factory tires so your spedo and such will be off a bit.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would probaby put a new set of tires on the rims if that was the case. I just want to make sure I won't have any problems towing my 7500lb travel trailer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts