Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend just bought a Tundra crew max. Beautiful truck without a doubt. He now enjoys pointing out all the negative news floating around out there about my beloved Titan. Things like consumer reports giving it a poor rating in expected reliability. Anybody found some good negative info on the Tundra I can throw his way. Being a new design they must be having some issues?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am sure there is a tundratalk forum of sorts out there. It will have a problems section that will highlight the issues they are having. There is also a thread on here about the tundra and its problems as well. They mentioned, cam problems and other internal engine issues...I am sure they have thier problems making that much HP

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Just remember, there are those out there who are ill-informed. They like others to think they are superior in everything, including the purchases they make, no matter how over-inflated the prices are! :lol: Your friend suffers from low self-esteem.... That ugly Turdra isn't going to help him any, either..... Not to mention, you'll get the better chicks. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
59,070 Posts
If he is so stuck on what Consumer Reports said tell him to take a closer look at Cr's own tests of a 06 Titan and an 08 Tundra. Here's how they rated them.

Titan: Engine major, engine minor, engine cooling, transmission, drive system, fuel system, exhaust, paint and trim, and body hardware - excellent. Electrical system, climate system, suspension, power equipment, and audio system - good. Body integrity - good. Brakes - poor.

Tundra: Engine major, cooling, brakes, paint and trim, body integrity, and audio system -excellent. Engine minor, transmission, fuel system, electrical system, climate system, and power equipment - very good. Body hardware - good. Drive system and suspension – fair. Exhaust – poor.

So using CR's own ratings and not even addressing the fact that CR has not rated a Titan since the brake fix, there are 6 ties, Tundra comes out on top 3 times, Titan bests the Tundra 7 times. I'd call the Titan the clear winner.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
P's Titan said:
you have to know that CR can be bought by any company. I bet Yota gives them millions a year to make there stuff shine and put down it's comp. Who cares what your buddy says, he is just jealous
You should read CR's financial report on their web site. They are a non profit company and as such list exactly where they receive their funds. When you look at their receipts, there is not one company that manufactures anything on the list.
If you know that they are taking money, the IRS would love to know. You would make the national news and they would lose their tax exempt status and their reputation would be ruined.

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
skyhammer said:
You should read CR's financial report on their web site. They are a non profit company and as such list exactly where they receive their funds. When you look at their receipts, there is not one company that manufactures anything on the list.
If you know that they are taking money, the IRS would love to know. You would make the national news and they would lose their tax exempt status and their reputation would be ruined.

oh but of course....

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
All the retards that work there drive Toyotas.
That's where it comes from.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
skyhammer said:
Here is the latest CR on the Tundra.
The full report from CR online.

RELIABILTY

We expect reliability to be much worse than average, according to our latest subscriber survey

interesting...

Sky, how is yours holding up compared to your titan now that it has been a while?

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Sorry, I had to delete the CR test as it is copy writed and I don't won't to get this site in trouble.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
cneary812 said:
interesting...

Sky, how is yours holding up compared to your titan now that it has been a while?
It has been nearly 8 months and so far no trips to the dealer for warranty work and everything is good as the first day.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
skyhammer said:
It has been nearly 8 months and so far no trips to the dealer for warranty work and everything is good as the first day.
Have you thrashed it yet?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Hey skyhammer, does that subscription to CR online come free with a purchase of a new Toyota/Honda? :rofl:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
cneary812 said:
wow that bed bounce is bad. It looks like their C channel frame and weak bed reinforcements is the cause
This video is as phoney as a 3 dollar bill. It's also rigged. I viewed this months ago over at FTE. Notice when the Ford goes over those same bumps, the video is shot from the left front quarter, which shows very little of the Ford's bed (and bounce).

When did anyone here ever see anything on youtube that was real?

The same boxed/C channel frame on Tundras is similar to the frames of the last generation of Ford Stupor Duty's.

Boxed to the rear of the transmission...Heavy C channel to the companion flange (yoke to pinion gear) on the rear axle, smaller C channel to rear.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts