Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get to the track tonight hoping to see Audible Mayhem and his Vortech Titan and the next best thing showed up. Low and behold , a Tundra at the back of the staging lanes so I tell the stager I want some and I pull by the wall and wait like a cat ready to pounce, lol. He was Kinda surprised when I pulled into the lane next to him and had a look like where'd he come from. When I left him sitting at the tree like a kid on Christmas morning, I'll bet he had a look like where'd he go. Treed him the first run and although he was coming he never caught up. I pulled next to him in the staging lanes and said " Best two out of three" and he's like "whatever". Treed him again for the win and pulled back to the staging lanes where he abruptly pulls three lanes over cause he's had enough. They were especially sweet victories because he was kinda uppity and I'm at the track for some friendly competition and spirited banter and this guy was just a sore looser. I can't wait for my headers, they shipped back yesterday and I will really represent with those babies on there. By the way, the Tundra had the vertical door handle on the rear door whatever version that is.
:haveredfl

Attachments

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Audible Mayhem lives in florida ?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
He had a better ET but the first one to the end wins!!!!

I know which cab your talking about....it's sort of a four door but it's not. I'm dying to run one!!!

Man your pretty good with your reaction times!!!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
You have faster ET's through the 1/8 mile...better low end off the line...that or he had consistent wheel spin between his runs.

What was the Barometric pressure...temp...and dew point tonight?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dawgs77 said:
He had a better ET but the first one to the end wins!!!!

I know which cab your talking about....it's sort of a four door but it's not. I'm dying to run one!!!

Man your pretty good with your reaction times!!!!
Thanks it was a blast. I had a .007 against a Lightning but it didn't help, lol.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dawgs77 said:
You have faster ET's through the 1/8 mile...better low end off the line...that or he had consistent wheel spin between his runs.

What was the Barometric pressure...temp...and dew point tonight?
$hitty, $hitty and well $hittier, lol. Humid 76%, dew pnt 69 degrees, BP 30.00 and falling, temp 81 degrees (probably warmer when we ran). He wasn't spinning any more than I was, we were hooking up pretty good tonight and supposedly SpeedWorld has the best track in Florida right now, go figure, lol.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
killcatzforfun said:
Audible Mayhem lives in florida ?
Yes, check out his Vortech thread.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ourbaby said:
I thought you already had your headers on.
Not yet but I will have them on next week after they get back from Swain tech.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hooligan said:
hahaha!!! good kills Papa!!!! god i can't stand the new tundras and their POS owners! Kill em Alll i say!!!! what headers did you choose?
Thanks, I picked the headers that went with my decals so I wouldn't be a poser, lol. NISMO's baby.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Density Altitude was about 1800...

So in a DA of 0 you would have run approximately 14.89.

Have you had UpRev look at your logs yet and get a new tune. I don't recall what your average AFR is running and how your timing is doing across the power band.

I bet we can shave some tenths off that truck still Papa!!!!

I ran Wednesday with a DA of 2400 here in CA....didn't get to run any Tundras though. Best run was a 14.44 @92.??

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dawgs77 said:
Density Altitude was about 1800...

So in a DA of 0 you would have run approximately 14.89.

Have you had UpRev look at your logs yet and get a new tune. I don't recall what your average AFR is running and how your timing is doing across the power band.

I bet we can shave some tenths off that truck still Papa!!!!

I ran Wednesday with a DA of 2400 here in CA....didn't get to run any Tundras though. Best run was a 14.44 @92.??
Man you're putting down some real good numbers for a pig on wheels, lol. I will wait for my headers to fuss with my tune and you had a lot to do with that after I read you had 5 good flashes and then crashed her, lol. I knew I had headers on the way so I figured I wouldn't press my luck yet.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Have you read my posts today.....I crashed it again today!!!

I had about 5 flashes....then the last two have failed and crashed.

However....my new ECU will be here tomorrow. They told me to keep the old one...sometime next week they are going to work on either a remote rebuild or send me some test software to rebuild the ECU after a crash.

So all our worries about this may end soon....I hope!!!

I can't wait until better weather...my corected DA times were right at 14.0!!!! And my AFR looks like crap right now due to the S&B intake.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dawgs77 said:
Have you read my posts today.....I crashed it again today!!!

I had about 5 flashes....then the last two have failed and crashed.

However....my new ECU will be here tomorrow. They told me to keep the old one...sometime next week they are going to work on either a remote rebuild or send me some test software to rebuild the ECU after a crash.

So all our worries about this may end soon....I hope!!!

I can't wait until better weather...my corected DA times were right at 14.0!!!! And my AFR looks like crap right now due to the S&B intake.
Oh man, crashed AGAIN. Sorry to hear that I didn't know. I was hoping they would have the rebuild ready by the time I did my headers so maybe that will happen. I'll crash her if I have to though cause nothings gonna stop me from putting some white lightning under the hood, lol.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I've crashed mine twice...the first time...my new ECU was here in less then 24 hours from TExas to CA.

I crashed it again today....I have tracking numbers stating it shoudl be here before noon tomorrow...so I can't complain about that!!!

And now I get to test a new rebuild system maybe next week!!!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dawgs77 said:
I've crashed mine twice...the first time...my new ECU was here in less then 24 hours from TExas to CA.

I crashed it again today....I have tracking numbers stating it shoudl be here before noon tomorrow...so I can't complain about that!!!

And now I get to test a new rebuild system maybe next week!!!
That's some quick service, hopefully they can do as well if I crash mine. I'm glad you're lab ratting the rebuild, hurry up with that will ya, lol.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Good job but if the Tundra is faster than us with uprev those things must be putting some serious #s on the ground.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
im not even sure a 5.7l tundra would run those times that actually sucks. the crew cabs are rated for 14.6 1/4 at 91-92mph bone stock, how in the world is he nearly half a second slower than stock?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
awsome glad to see someone finally found one at the track. I said i beat a fdew on the street and people didnt believe me so i just dont post them anymore. as for the claimed 1/4 mile times im sure thier bogus. think about how much toyota pays for advertising this thing and have been accused of lieing or streaching truth in ads. im sure they were at the magazines "persuading" them on their knees. this is great i love it. good job!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts