Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 07 Tundra Sr5 TRD off road 5.7 I Force Double cab Stickered at 35,400 in oct. for 30,500. I also traded my 04 Titan in on a 08 Titan yesterday. My wife drives the Tundra and i use the Titan for work. The titan is an XE 2wd Preferred package. It stickered at 26,200 and I payed 19,500.
We took em out from a dead stop 0-60 she had me by 1 truck length, 0-100 maybe a truck and a half. I have a 21 center console boat which i hooked up to my titan, and hooked the neighbors 20' bowrider to the tundra. 0-60 1/2 a truck. Switched boats and the same. At 60 we both locked em up, obviously with no boat, and she stopped a tad bit quicker. Final test loaded 60 salt treated semi damp 4x4x8s in the bed and the tundra squated more then the titan. Final result, I could have purchased an equally equiped Titan for about 5k less then the Tundra. Ride quality pretty equal, fuel economy close, interior goes to the tundra, looks go to the titan, all in all I feel the Titan is a better value. Hopefully Nissan fixed the rotor problems i had with the 04. By the way 206k on the 04, had the rotors replace twice and the rear axle replaced due to the seals leaking. Besides that used it for work everyday hauling. Great Trucks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Congratulations on both the trucks. When I test drove new Tundra, I noticed that steering and Gas pedal were lot lighter then Titan (means steering- lighter & easier to turn, Gas pedal- little lighter to push in). Also the doors and stuff felt lot lighter. Also when started Titan had a loud engine noise, which went away after warming up.
Now in your Avatar put the pictures of both side by side--enjoy the new truck

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
toyotatundra07 said:
I purchased a 07 Tundra Sr5 TRD off road 5.7 I Force Double cab Stickered at 35,400 in oct. for 30,500. I also traded my 04 Titan in on a 08 Titan yesterday. My wife drives the Tundra and i use the Titan for work. The titan is an XE 2wd Preferred package. It stickered at 26,200 and I payed 19,500.
We took em out from a dead stop 0-60 she had me by 1 truck length, 0-100 maybe a truck and a half. I have a 21 center console boat which i hooked up to my titan, and hooked the neighbors 20' bowrider to the tundra. 0-60 1/2 a truck. Switched boats and the same. At 60 we both locked em up, obviously with no boat, and she stopped a tad bit quicker. Final test loaded 60 salt treated semi damp 4x4x8s in the bed and the tundra squated more then the titan. Final result, I could have purchased an equally equiped Titan for about 5k less then the Tundra. Ride quality pretty equal, fuel economy close, interior goes to the tundra, looks go to the titan, all in all I feel the Titan is a better value. Hopefully Nissan fixed the rotor problems i had with the 04. By the way 206k on the 04, had the rotors replace twice and the rear axle replaced due to the seals leaking. Besides that used it for work everyday hauling. Great Trucks.
Overall cost and looks is why I'm still in my Titan but they are both powerful for certain.

·
Registered
680 Posts
What gears do you have on them? Does the Titan have the Tow package? The 3.3 gears make a big difference in towing and take off. I traded my 05 Armada w/Tow Package for my 07 Titan w/out, big difference when towing. The extra HP the Titan has does not make up for the lack of gearing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all torque said:
What gears do you have on them? Does the Titan have the Tow package? The 3.3 gears make a big difference in towing and take off. I traded my 05 Armada w/Tow Package for my 07 Titan w/out, big difference when towing. The extra HP the Titan has does not make up for the lack of gearing.
The tundra has a 4:30 with the 6 spd auto. It dosn't say on the window sticker what the titan has, but it doesn't seem to have the low end pull as my 04. It pulls more when the RPMs rev. I doesn't have a tow package.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The tundra rides a little smoother, and feels heavier. It has a slight vibration in the drivetrain when accelerating at low speeds in 1st and 2nd gear. The tundra pulls real hard when the rpms go up, it feels quicker then the titan but when we ran em side by side it was real close. Like I said before its not really worth the extra money. Oh yeah my wife lets me race it because I paid for it, plus shes got a heavy foot herself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GaryB said:
Nice write up, but I would love to see the same with equal trucks. 4x4 to 4x4.
I agree. The 4x4 is heavier, plus the tundra double cab is longer then the titan extended cab, oh yeah the titan doesn't have any power windows or locks. So i guess the tundra is a good bit heavier, probably would beat an equally equiped titan by a little more. Didn't really need two 4 wheel drive vehicles. My buddy has a 4x4 Titan maybe I'll get him to race the tundra. I ran a guy with a Saleen Supercharged F150 in the tundra and got him pretty good, and smoke everything else. So the titan would have beat everything by how close it was with the tundra. Still pretty impressed with the Nissan, and a nice truck for under 20k.

·
Registered
201 Posts
those 5.7 tundras are beastly! It came in a very close 2nd to my titan. But for less money you get a lot more truck. Plus, 4 full size doors and a big bed, something the tundra can't do.

·
Registered
680 Posts
If you don't have the Tow Package you have the 2.9 gears which is what I have on mine. If you had the 3.3 gears you would have gave the Tundra alot more competition. My Armada was an SE Off Road w/3.3 gears, heaveir than my Titan, and it took off better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
all torque said:
If you don't have the Tow Package you have the 2.9 gears which is what I have on mine. If you had the 3.3 gears you would have gave the Tundra alot more competition. My Armada was an SE Off Road w/3.3 gears, heaveir than my Titan, and it took off better.
I agree with u, my 04 had the shorter gears and even though it was 12 horsepower less it felt a little quicker

1 - 16 of 16 Posts