1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
I thought this was a race :(

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Funny how the GM guy rags saying the titan is crapola and that the japs should stick to vans.. To bad he doesn't know that our truck are more American then his lol they were built here, Not in Cananda, or Mexico!!!:bangit: haha what a dumbazz!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Funny how the GM guy rags saying the titan is crapola and that the japs should stick to vans.. To bad he doesn't know that our truck are more American then his lol they were built here, Not in Cananda, or Mexico!!!:bangit: haha what a dumbazz!
LAZIEGUY247, I'm a regular over at PUTC, that guy you're talking about is a jerk. He gives us GM guys a bad name. FWIW, my truck since it's a 2007 2500HD was built in Flint, Michigan but i'll bet they aren't built there anymore!

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like that Titan guy was a real moronic A-hole with too much misinformation.
Why do you say that? Because that was me and nothing I said was incorrect.

·
Premium Member
75,095 Posts
the Titan vs Tundra debate is like looking at a political or religious thread. Everyone wants to be right and will adjust the facts accordingly.

at the end of the day we all know which truck we prefer and we all know what happens when you argue with idiots.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dead is so right. Seems that always happens. But that Tundra and GM guy are hilarious.

·
Registered
583 Posts
That's a never ending thread over at PUTC, no one will change anyone elses mind. Just gotta be happy with your own truck and not worry about what someone else says!

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
You're not gonna "win" any debates when there's more opinion involved than facts, and honestly, it doesn't even matter. The Tundra is a nice truck... It's not as good as alot of owners assume it is, but it's still a nice truck.. If you want top sales, Ford is always gonna beat everyone else hands down.. That does not mean Ford is a better truck than the rest. If Nissan wanted their sales to be up, they would've hired a marketing crew like Ford and Toyota are using, their marketing campaigns are incredibly awesome and proven to be very affective. Nissan doesn't respond very well to poorly made components like the Titan Rear diffs or Exhaust Manifolds, and that puts them back down on the chart a bit, IMHO.

Nissan is a great bang for the buck but is definitely not the best. If you want the best, you need to take a look at a Freightliner, they have optional Cummins or Volvo engines paired onto an Allison Transmission and much stronger differentials ans 4x4 transfer cases than anyone else on the market.. They are equipped with air ride suspension and an optional air ride cab and even the seats can be ordered in air ride.. You're not gonna beat the room, capacity, and comfort in any other truck, it can easily put all the big 3 and everyone else to shame where they don't have a leg to stand on..

It's all just individuals' perspective and not much more. :cheers:

·
Registered
121 Posts
You're not gonna "win" any debates when there's more opinion involved than facts, and honestly, it doesn't even matter. The Tundra is a nice truck... It's not as good as alot of owners assume it is, but it's still a nice truck.. If you want top sales, Ford is always gonna beat everyone else hands down.. That does not mean Ford is a better truck than the rest. If Nissan wanted their sales to be up, they would've hired a marketing crew like Ford and Toyota are using, their marketing campaigns are incredibly awesome and proven to be very affective. Nissan doesn't respond very well to poorly made components like the Titan Rear diffs or Exhaust Manifolds, and that puts them back down on the chart a bit, IMHO.

Nissan is a great bang for the buck but is definitely not the best. If you want the best, you need to take a look at a Freightliner, they have optional Cummins or Volvo engines paired onto an Allison Transmission and much stronger differentials ans 4x4 transfer cases than anyone else on the market.. They are equipped with air ride suspension and an optional air ride cab and even the seats can be ordered in air ride.. You're not gonna beat the room, capacity, and comfort in any other truck, it can easily put all the big 3 and everyone else to shame where they don't have a leg to stand on..

It's all just individuals' perspective and not much more. :cheers:
Hot damn!! I will take the silver one with a Cummins but i hear the Volvo diesels are pretty nice. :)

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Why do you say that? Because that was me and nothing I said was incorrect.
You were pushing water uphill pal. You should have left it alone rather than try and provoke the dope.....trust me, the ban hammer comes fast that way! lol. Any claims trying to tout the Titan as a best seller, although I'm on my 2nd one and love them, is comical at best for any year. Not sure why you even bothered going there unless you were just trying to get under the guys skin...as you did. You came across as a little kid wanting to win the "mine is better" argument. Sorry though...had I known it was you posting I would have kept my opinion to myself.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Nice, but you would have several Green Peace tree huggers chained to the grill guard every time you stopped at Whole Foods.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Nice, but you would have several Green Peace tree huggers chained to the grill guard every time you stopped at Whole Foods.
Not when it has an Oklahoma tag on it. Besides, if that's the way they choose to ride along, so be it. :rofl:

The Mercedes MB900 engine on the Allison Trans gets about 10-mpg while towing heavy and around 12-mpg when not towing... If you were to think about it, that's not much different than our trucks or the Ram Hemi 5.7 w/ 5-sp.

·
Premium Member
75,095 Posts
Not when it has an Oklahoma tag on it. Besides, if that's the way they choose to ride along, so be it. :rofl:

The Mercedes MB900 engine on the Allison Trans gets about 10-mpg while towing heavy and around 12-mpg when not towing... If you were to think about it, that's not much different than our trucks or the Ram Hemi 5.7 w/ 5-sp.
valid point on the fuel mileage but that damn sticker price will get you every time :lol:

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
valid point on the fuel mileage but that damn sticker price will get you every time :lol:
You can get a used one for around $50k... Big 3 1-tons ain't exactly easy on the wallet either and the Sport Chassis is closer to having a 5-ton payload cap. :D I just know that there's suddenly a drop in replies soon after I've posted it in any "best truck" debates. :lol:

·
Premium Member
75,095 Posts
can't argue the facts pops! if one day my practical self has a fat wallet I'd own one. Changing the oil and servicing the freightshaker has to be pretty easy - then again if I have a fat wallet I'm not doing it, my son can :lol:

/thread closed

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You were pushing water uphill pal. You should have left it alone rather than try and provoke the dope.....trust me, the ban hammer comes fast that way! lol. Any claims trying to tout the Titan as a best seller, although I'm on my 2nd one and love them, is comical at best for any year. Not sure why you even bothered going there unless you were just trying to get under the guys skin...as you did. You came across as a little kid wanting to win the "mine is better" argument. Sorry though...had I known it was you posting I would have kept my opinion to myself.
No, the Toy guy mentioned poor sales. But the Titan out sold Toy's first so called full size pickup with it's first pickup was my point. But he kept trying to bring up the 2nd gen Tundra, etc sales and kept ignoring what I was saying anyways.

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you like Lexus's you'll love the tundra...bland, powerful, quiet, and no character. My Titan was full of character and was actually fun to drive. PM me if you are genuinely interested in a comparison of the two. I don;t want to start a debate in here. Shoot I'm waiting for the ecoboost f150 to come out so I can drive it.... I have no brand loyalty :teethmast

1 - 20 of 25 Posts