Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
asking anyone who knows, is it possible to tune my titan and armada from the same bullydog gt? i am going to assume that i will need 2 different chips but am not sure, and if so where do i get a second chip? thanks

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
The BDGT is a handheld tuner and not a chip. Only one vehicle can be tuned at a time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i was hoping the tune was stored on the mirco sd, so i could tune one change cards tune the other. i guess chip is not the right word to use. thanks

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
You can probably do a 2* timing advance on the other one though! :)

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
i was hoping the tune was stored on the mirco sd, so i could tune one change cards tune the other. i guess chip is not the right word to use. thanks
The BDGT does use a SD card, but I have no idea if the card is somehow married to the unit once it is tuned. The older handheld tuners have no SD card that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
asking anyone who knows, is it possible to tune my titan and armada from the same bullydog gt? i am going to assume that i will need 2 different chips but am not sure, and if so where do i get a second chip? thanks
Just buy another tuner. Couple BDPP's for sale on here right now. You could always tune your armada with a power pup and monitor it with your GT.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have been told that i can do a timing advance and it will stick, but i was not sure if i could flash a micro sd card from the web site listed in my gt book from bullydog and have a stock tune from each truck stored on each of them and have a "tune" on each one from the same gt. i read the pup tunes then you unhook, was hoping that it would all work out with out having to buy another tuner. i guess i will call bullydog tomorrow and see what part the micro sd plays. thanks again guys

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
i have been told that i can do a timing advance and it will stick, but i was not sure if i could flash a micro sd card from the web site listed in my gt book from bullydog and have a stock tune from each truck stored on each of them and have a "tune" on each one from the same gt. i read the pup tunes then you unhook, was hoping that it would all work out with out having to buy another tuner. i guess i will call bullydog tomorrow and see what part the micro sd plays. thanks again guys
You wont be able to tune both with the BDGT. You will have to buy another tuner bro! My wife has an Xterra and I can't tune hers and mine, trust me BD wouldn't make that possible.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
If it could be done we would have bought one unit and tuned everybody a long time ago. Nothing wrong with asking though. Just think about it from BullyDogs stand point. They wouldn't be in buisness very long if it was that simple. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the help guys! my friend has a powerpup for sale, but i wanted to make sure before i bought it.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
If it could be done we would have bought one unit and tuned everybody a long time ago. Nothing wrong with asking though. Just think about it from BullyDogs stand point. They wouldn't be in buisness very long if it was that simple. Good luck.
How ya been sleeper??? Good to see ya on here again! Or are you hanging in other sections?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
How ya been sleeper??? Good to see ya on here again! Or are you hanging in other sections?
I'm just trolling thru here and there now and then. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wish they had some type of unlock/jailbreak app for this!!!! Sucks it locks to the vin# of the vehicle programmed until it's set back to stock!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bought a powerpup for the armada, it does not seems to be as much of a difference as the gt on the titan. plus the vdc is always kicks in when its engaged. maybe its the banks cai on the titan that makes the difference. thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Armada's don't have the same TQ Management that the Titan's come with stock, because they way more than the Titan's do. That's why you don't feel as much of a difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts