Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys, I bought a power pup about probably 2 years ago? To chip the truck i basically just messed with it for about 4 months and then left the tune on and never plugged it back in. Just recently I plugged it in to check something and it’s giving me the vin mis match message! I called bully dog and they no longer support that tuner and that they wouldn’t be able to unlock it. So I said okay fine but what about my ecu is that locked too or can I use another tuner and he placed me on hold (to probably verify with others) and they’re saying that my ecu is somehow flashed/reset so it’s going into like lock mode because of it. How’s that though? If an ecu is flashed it doesn’t change the vin? Well they couldn’t help me with the tuner but that my ecu is fine and not locked. Has anyone run into this? The only thing I remember was August of last year I cleaned my throttle body and did the ecu reset and all the relearn procedures. And bout a month ago my battery died but my truck sat WITHOUT a battery in it for about a week. Could one of those two cause that? Is my ecu okay and just get another tuner?

“Sorry for the long post”

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has run across this and wondered if their ECU locked not being able to use something else?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it figured out btw. Not a single response lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
1 Participant
berto07T
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing