Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there guys i have a set of Akuza wheels and it looks like i need to install a tuner style lug nut, there is not enough room to use the stock tire iron.. do you think i am better off getting a set of tuner lugs? or trying to use the stock nuts with a thin wall socket? i would have to keep a think wall socket and a breaker bar with me at all times i guess (incase of a flat)... any recomendations? certain ones that wont work? open end or closed? spline drive? just trying to see if there is something i should stay away from.. thanks

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
hi there guys i have a set of Akuza wheels and it looks like i need to install a tuner style lug nut,
Let me be the first kid in the class to raise his hand and ask..."What's a Tuner style lug nut?"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
loufish said:
Let me be the first kid in the class to raise his hand and ask..."What's a Tuner style lug nut?"

its the smaller diameter lug nuts, they usually refer to them as "tuner lugs" because they fit "tuner" style wheels (import car talk) where the wheels have a very small opening for the lugs, and the smaller diameter lugs fit with a key, just like a lock nut...

i can't post links on this site yet, if you google "tuner lug nuts" it will show you the style...

·
TitanTalk.com Sticker Source
408 Posts
I have allways used the splined lugnuts with my aftermarket wheels with no problems. You can get them at most wheel stores. I believe the size you will need is 12x1.25

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
06titancrewse said:
I have allways used the splined lugnuts with my aftermarket wheels with no problems. You can get them at most wheel stores. I believe the size you will need is 12x1.25
ok thanks, so this is a better route to go i guess, instead of playing around with a breaker bar and stock nuts, are the seats different on the aftermarket nuts as well? are you using the spline drive ones? thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have black procomp wheels and i didnt want a chrome lug nut so coming from a tuner background (see avatar) i have black splined tuner lug nuts, and they work great.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info guys, i grabbed a set of splined tuner bolts, they are a straight through design so i was gauranteed they wouldn't botton out on the lugs... they fit great... on a side not what a PITA it was finding the correct hub centering rings.. our hubs are a very strange size...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts