Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Tomnymods tried and tried a turbo setup for years. He proved it is a massive failure to turbo a VK56. Search and you will see his efforts. We all hoped he would get it to work, but he never did. He also spent TONS of money, and still failed. Put a whistle in the exhaust and call it turbo charged.
massive failure always goes with trial and error , since he was * the * only one that seem to push the bar , of course he ran into issues and lack of support.

building boost is nothing new but it seems it was with Titan owners, I am sure half of the Titan owners work in a field that has nothing to do with performance.

I would disagree with vk56 not liking boost statement but to each and their own.

·
Premium Member
69,771 Posts
Why is there not dozens of turbo Titans? It might work in a racing application, but not an every day truck. Very few supercharged Titans made it very long either. You're entitled to your opinion, I'll stick to the proven facts. Forced induction is not a friend to the VK56.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Why is there not dozens of turbo Titans? It might work in a racing application, but not an every day truck. Very few supercharged Titans made it very long either. You're entitled to your opinion, I'll stick to the proven facts. Forced induction is not a friend to the VK56.
You nailed it first by saying * not your every day truck * and in racing application * but don't finished it by saying the engine code Vk56

BECAUSE its not an ideal platform ?? because a lack of performance parts for a Nissan Titan?? you are correct

BUT.. VK56 is a ENGINE .. its been proven platform ENGINE .. When I left Jenvey we did the ITB setup for Sumo power GTR GT3 series with a VK56DE & boost

let me ask you this ? what do you do for a living ?? are you a regular mechanic ? do you actually know anything about tuning , building a engine ? fabrication skills ? have you actually boosted the titan that warrants your facts or just reading what * others * have done ?
no disrespect to tommymods and others before me but what did they do as a profession ?
some of the previous members sent their truck to a shop and some of these shops probably never done anything on this type of platform. somebody has to be a guinea pig ?
you hear these stories about stillen S/C and that was way before UpRev came into the picture of tuning.
stillen offer a piggyback for second set of injectors...

I've been in the world of Nissan long enough that Stillen = Stealing. of out all the Stillen Rhys might be the only stand up guy vs Steve

go on a 300zx ( twinturbo.net) and you find mechanical engineers , you will find actually guys that work for the industry that owns those cars and heaps of support and information , I guess maybe because it was a sports car in the first place for the proper platform , you will find they have actually conversation vs most forums of bashing and giving out false information of one side opinion and can back their statements.

just like any sedan or trucks ,the Titan was never MEANT for the performances, so therefore aftermarket support isn't always going to work with those platforms , and the only way you get a company to show interested if you guarantee X-amount of sales.. so when you say why isn't there a * HANDFUL * well maybe because most guys on here worry about how much towing the truck can do , or what size 35 tires and lift they can add.

everyone is a dreams about turbo or boost until you have to go to a shop and have it built. and most guys aren't ready for that.
let say Joe Blokes got a quote for 8 grand turbo / installed and uprev tuned, does Joe Blokes know how to maintance the turbo truck ? did he upgrade everything else ? 8 grand becomes 10 grand +

I am not even going argue with your statement because I've been boosted on my Titan for 3+ years , i do my own fabrication , i did my own tuning , in for kicks and giggle I picked up a Stillen S/C so I can 3D scan the lower manifold to possible work with whipple or TVS for options... after that I'll probably slap the S/C and twin charge my setup for kicks and giggle as a street daily truck.

Ive been beating on this daily truck on boost daily, but like you said , its not a friend to vk56 ( shrugg )

·
Premium Member
69,771 Posts
Service manager and fleet mechanic at 3 dealerships, campianed a 70 Cuda, SS/E and came in runner up at the Sportsnationals. I don't have a clue what the heck I'm talking about. I probably have socks older than you. I can still make a carbureted car with a Mallory dual point distributor scream. Hurry up and turbo your truck and disappear like all the rest that said it would be easy.

Reactions: LD5050

·
Registered
81 Posts
Service manager and fleet mechanic at 3 dealerships, campianed a 70 Cuda, SS/E and came in runner up at the Sportsnationals. I don't have a clue what the heck I'm talking about. I probably have socks older than you. I can still make a carbureted car with a Mallory dual point distributor scream. Hurry up and turbo your truck and disappear like all the rest that said it would be easy.
dude why are you in a pissing MATCH right now , this is a mere discussion and power points I was trying to point out ??

but since your in a pissing match , ok Mr. sportsnationals great so you know a thing or two about racing, carbs and old school points and condensor ( great for you , worked on plenty ) .. applaud to you ,
you are a service manager and mechanic , great !! two different things than fixing and engineering and tuning.

but in the world of today;s peformance, have you taken a class in fluid dynamics engineering ? are able to CAD ? , but I have and did , do you know how to tig weld or any type of fab skills ? I mean clearly even the guys on TV show Street outlawz have gone to Turbos.

a motor just a air pump if you know how to build a engine then building NA or Force Induction is childs play.

but again you feel attack all of sudden when it was a just discussion , your statement that you have socks older than me so that shows me that you can't handle any type of discussion or a discussion about Performance field , Maybe that's one of the reason why performance like minded people don't bother coming to the forums .
instead of coming to a conversation with facts and coming up with solutions.

Hurry up and turbo my truck ? I guess you don't have your reading glasses on grandpa BEEN boosted 3+ years but its ok grandpa it shows me that you are not ready for this discussion , i am sure if it was up to you , you would throw a 4 barrel carb on the vk56de instead of some advancement of fuel injection , toss out canbus while your at it.

have a good evening mr old socks, this "was" a discussion and friendly convo

·
Premium Member
69,771 Posts
:LOL: Touchy little twirp, ain't you. You might have better luck with the Facebook crowd.

·
Premium Member
69,771 Posts
Reactions: seymore4

·
Premium Member
69,771 Posts
Shhhhh!! The induction wizards are watching!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts