Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this picture of a turbo titan, but thats all the info I could find, anybody has any clue who this is, and what kit is this?

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that he has since sold the titan and is working on another project...and I don't think he ever worked out the reliability issues with the install

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got a buddy with a vette that is looking at a turbo that is set up like that one. it is mounted under the car in the rear. I think the company is STS. It is the same way, lower boost but good gains because of lower heat around the unit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't see how that would be efficient at all with the location of the turbo. Air has to travel a good ways, and if it rains, you'd be scared of the water entering your motor.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
TitanRider said:
I think that is a turbo hooked up to the exhaust. I have heard about it only for trucks, it makes sense because power is produced at low psi.
All turbos run off the exhaust guys!!!

[

·
Registered
323 Posts
I believe that's Randy's turbo Titan in Arkansas. Randy works in a custom high performace shop there. If I remember right, he did sell his Titan and the project has since stopped. It used methanol as fuel additive and cooling as he was targetting for a cheap $3k Stage-1 kit without the intercooler. At the time, our ECU tuning was not available and he ran 13's using low boost in the 1/4 with lots of wheel spins. He later ran into ECU issues. Sure wish he would have continued and completed this project.

·
Registered
691 Posts
ok why did he put the breather down below where it can catch water,mud,sand and other debris from the road

and yes all turbos run off exhaust if it doesnt run off exhaust it isnt a turbo it is a blower (super charger)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I believe that was just the prototype. He was planning on moving the filter to a more offroad friendly locaton for the production kits. But he never got to that point.

·
Registered
365 Posts
ok why did he put the breather down below where it can catch water,mud,sand and other debris from the road

and yes all turbos run off exhaust if it doesnt run off exhaust it isnt a turbo it is a blower (super charger)

turbo is a blower too, its just driven differently

·
Registered
27 Posts
I built the a TT Titan with filters in the bed. Where did you see it for sale? My customer traded it in on A Lambo but I would love to know where it is.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I thought when running a single turbo connected to two exhaust manifolds the exhuast runners have to be the same length?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
to the guys who built the Turbo titans, what injectors and MAF did you use? and how much boost?

The last post on this thread was 2010. To my knowledge, no active members are running a turbo. UpRev recently introduced a turbo "Kit" for the Titan. I would contact them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts