Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally picked up my truck from the transmission shop in austin, tx on friday. Got a spot @ Uprev in Austin reserved for 10a.m. tommrow Finally my truck is seeing calculated load (this is what caused my last transmission to fail i believe) Jared said long as the calculated load isnt stuck at 99-100% all the time he could tune for more line pressure. I have been putt-putting all weekend and i think it's the hardest thing i have ever done,lol But i really cant afford nother 4-5k transmission build. Can't wait till tommrow, wish me luck

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Good luck!!!!!!

I am anxious to see this project get done and see what your truck can do afterward!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Good Luck!! I know you are ready for this thing to be DONE!! Be sure to post up your results, and get that bad boy to a track soon also!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Can't wait man been anxious just like everyone else on here. Congrats

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts
I want to see it done because I want to see the time slip!!! :D

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Sweet deal man!! I cant wait to see the results tomorrow. I'll be checking back about noon for an update. Thanks again for all of the updates and hanging in there to get this done.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Good luck, I got my fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I'll bet she's on the dyno now!!!!! Oh wait Texas is CST aren't they. Dam# another hour!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Good luck. Can't wait to see the results.

I'm guessing you didn't end up going with the 4L tranny since you're talking about seeing calc load. What are the specs for your tranny?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well no tuning got done today, jared took it soon as i got there to street tune for the calc load and low and behold it's working perfect, but the stupid ecu/valvebody is not sending much if any line pressure to hold the clutches, even with just 1psi of boost it was slipping :/ luckily jared has a few more things he can try to do to replicate what was on my truck stock, to try to fix this retarded issue.. He said he has no idea why EVAP emmision crud is keeping a transmission from locking up but obviously it is. So we went to the local nissan parts dept and bought all the evap solenoid, purge switch, and 2 other pressure sensors that mount to the charcoal filter under the truck.. He is hooking back up the sensors atm and hoping this corrects the problem, only other things it could be he said is the large 750cc injectors or the maf sensor, but said he would try evap first since the calc load was soo jacked up before the other things where even changed.
hopefully tommrow will be doing some tuning, but i wont be able to be there to watch i have to go back to work :/

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
well no tuning got done today, jared took it soon as i got there to street tune for the calc load and low and behold it's working perfect, but the stupid ecu/valvebody is not sending much if any line pressure to hold the clutches, even with just 1psi of boost it was slipping :/ luckily jared has a few more things he can try to do to replicate what was on my truck stock, to try to fix this retarded issue.. He said he has no idea why EVAP emmision crud is keeping a transmission from locking up but obviously it is. So we went to the local nissan parts dept and bought all the evap solenoid, purge switch, and 2 other pressure sensors that mount to the charcoal filter under the truck.. He is hooking back up the sensors atm and hoping this corrects the problem, only other things it could be he said is the large 750cc injectors or the maf sensor, but said he would try evap first since the calc load was soo jacked up before the other things where even changed.
hopefully tommrow will be doing some tuning, but i wont be able to be there to watch i have to go back to work :/
Dang man!! Let us know.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jared just called me and said it worked!! who would've thought some stupid sensors on the gas tank measuring the pressure/vapors would keep the trans from working,lol said it shifts much harder/firmer and it still doesnt even have the transgo valvebody upgrade in it yet,lol he drove it back to the transmission shop they are going to drop the trans 1 more time and open it up to make sure the clutches didnt take any amount of premature wear from me driving it for two days, then install the transgo valvebody upgrade.. the trans mechanic didnt want to install the valvebody till he was certain the line pressures where correct in the STOCK VALUE before including the valvebody upgrade into the picture.. guess all my praying for the last week has finally paid off, man what a huge burden off my shoulders..

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
jared just called me and said it worked!! who would've thought some stupid sensors on the gas tank measuring the pressure/vapors would keep the trans from working,lol said it shifts much harder/firmer and it still doesnt even have the transgo valvebody upgrade in it yet,lol he drove it back to the transmission shop they are going to drop the trans 1 more time and open it up to make sure the clutches didnt take any amount of premature wear from me driving it for two days, then install the transgo valvebody upgrade.. the trans mechanic didnt want to install the valvebody till he was certain the line pressures where correct in the STOCK VALUE before including the valvebody upgrade into the picture.. guess all my praying for the last week has finally paid off, man what a huge burden off my shoulders..
Awesome man!! Sounds like it's good to go. When are they going to install the transgo kit? When do you think it will be ready for the strip?

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
SWEET!! Sounds like some real progress was made today!

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Yeah biatch!!! Hahaha, thats awesome man, the track is calling your name so loud I can hear it all the way here in FL!! I'm excited now, get that pig DONE already and hit the track.....I think I'm going to drive to Texas to check it out!! Well, not really, but if I wasn't working and rich I would

·
Registered
170 Posts
good luck bro, sounds like everything is going positive now!

1 - 20 of 302 Posts