Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to turbo my titan and i cant find anything about how much power the motor or trans will take. i also need to find out what size injectors ill need. im choosing turbo over supercharger because im trying to stay jdm with my truck.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Uhh.....hate to burst your bubble bud, but there's no such thing as a "JDM" Titan. It's made for USDM........not Japan. They have no use for a big burly truck such as the Titan.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i would like to turbo my titan and i cant find anything about how much power the motor or trans will take. i also need to find out what size injectors ill need. im choosing turbo over supercharger because im trying to stay jdm with my truck.
have u put a cam on ur truck ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know they dont have need for trucks im just saying that style i would like to stay with the drift look and performance. and no i havent put cams in my truck yet lol.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
lol i bet this thing never sees 400whp! PROVE ME WRONG!! ;)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
i know they dont have need for trucks im just saying that style i would like to stay with the drift look and performance. and no i havent put cams in my truck yet lol.
:ftard::ftard::ftard:

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
I am not sure who you're calling a retard when your retarded azz self came on a truck forum looking to keep your truck in the drift look? Wtf exactly is that?? A truck is made to haul stuff and sometimes haul azz in a straight line. Trucks are not drift machines. You want a vehicle to drift in, get a 240 or similar vehicle, and use the truck to haul it.

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
Turbos on these motors are a giant pain from what I understand. As mentioned above, search for toomanymods and look for his posts. He managed a turbo, it wasn't cheap and if I recall, he went through a couple trannies while doing so. I know some guys have had luck with the superchargers, while others have not. Good luck finding what you need, as well as achieving this goal.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Hey man if you're ready to drop 10k I'm all for it let er rip! There is more than enough useful Information and great help on here to get a turbo Titan running right and rippin'. BUT seeing you only have posted 8 times and calling us retards isn't going to get you much info or help. I didn't offend you I challenged you and now I'm a retard ... Have fun on TT

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have a 240 and yes i said retards cuz it seems like you all are into lifted trucks kinda thought a few of you would be into turbos not just ******* ****! i want my truck to b just as fast as my 240 and yes i know thats a big goal but im sure its possible! thanks for all the help. i posted on here asking questions not for ppl to get on here saying that its stupid to turbo or lower a truck.

·
Premium Member
75,893 Posts
keep in mind the statement about opinions.

get some thicker skin.

do not insult those trying to "help" you.

it was suggested that you READ the thread about turbos. I can tell you about 3 or 4 turbo titans and the subsequent money spent, time invested, and lessons learned.

I'd be more than willing to spend my time helping you if you'd show a little mutual respect. You want experts, we're here (you guys like how I consider myself an expert? :lol: )

All that being said I'd love to have a turbo on my truck but I realize the limitations fiscally in doing so. I also don't need turbos at this point.

good luck.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
i want my truck to b just as fast as my 240
So how fast is your 240 is the question that comes to my mind? Post some timeslips of that thing in the quarter and

1. We'll believe you
2. We'll be able to tell you if turbo on your truck would even get you there.

There are a lot of folks that have lowered their titans here. Stop throwing around acronyms like you know what you're talking about when it comes to the Titan. It's rather easy to get help from the knowledgeable folks here.

Reactions: jakejc

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
theres been like 3 guys on this forum that has actually tried to give me any info on these trucks. so yes theres a few guys that seem to actually care about handling and power. i dont have any times slips to 'prove' it i dont normally keep them. it does have a jim wolf tune 550cc injectors and the hks gt2835 with apexi 1 exhaust. the hks is basically the same thing as a gt2871.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
nice set up it sounds like.....ive beat pleanty of turbo 240s at the track NA(not saying i would beat yours but until you post a timeslip i will assume so ;)).....if you want a reliable low 13 second titan cams will get you there. want to go faster you will have major traction issues. fully bolted, tuned and cams is my vote!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Ok, so what times have you seen in the 240? 14 seconds, 13 seconds, 12 seconds, 11's? Even with a turbo done right you are only going to get so much out of this truck. It's not very aerodynamic..... :) I also don't know what year and trim level your truck is, did I miss that?

regardless, almost any Titan could probably see high 13's with a decent amount of bolt ons and a tune. If you want to get into the 12's, I think you may need a different truck. Just a guess though.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
This I do remember, I was told by the guys at Menards that the heads will flow up to 750 hp. The bottom end is as stout as a brick sh!t house, the pistons are the weak link. Carl Renezener's CORR truck was somwhere around 700hp, and doing it reliably. GT Motorsports makes a 6.0L stroker kit as well. They have built a few drift VK56's for the 350Z crowd, so you might want to pick their brains a little...

GTM Motorsports

Reactions: who-dat
1 - 20 of 43 Posts