Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
I’m having a similar problem the past couple weeks. So far I’ve replaced the ignition relay and strange enough had to replace my alternator this week but I think that was a separate problem. When mine happens it tends to happen after the engine gets hot. For instance the last two times it’s happened has been after driving for awhile and stopping to fill up on gas.

Today I got in, turned the key forward and absolutely nothing happened as far as it trying to turn over. Everything in truck turns on as far as radio, AC, etc but acts like I’m not even trying to start it when I turn the key forward. If I let it sit for about 5 minutes it’ll then try to turn over but it sounds weird and won’t start. If I wait another 5 minutes then it’ll start right up no problem.

I’m thinking it’s gotta be the starter but don’t want to go through all the trouble if it’s not. Btw my 2011 has 414,000 miles on it and this is still the original starter. Still had the original alternator up until this past Tuesday when I got it replaced. My shop quoted me $514 to replace the starter. Is it worth paying that or should I try tackling it myself?

41 - 41 of 41 Posts