Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
I have remote start on mine, so there have been a few times I've done that. At least once a month. 2 years..no problems. :hi:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I did it once and my dad did it to mine as well. I haven't had any problems, I think you are in the clear. You feel pretty stupid when you do though right?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Some girl did that to my old Titan like the first month I had it, kept it for almost 3 years and never had any trouble with it.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
lol when I was 15 working at the car wash I cant tell you how many times we did that to customers cars. Never had one come back with anything broken.

·
Super Moderator
160,292 Posts
Well, that's one way to lighten a flywheel! :lol:

Been there, done that, never chipped teeth off of either.

·
Registered
463 Posts
You feel pretty stupid when you do though right?
almost as stupid as i felt last night leaving a party in my moms expedition, i hit teh gas on accident when i was trying to take it out of park, thought i was pushin the brake lol
everyone at the party heard that little tritton scream ha

as for the turned key, iv done it once, felt stupid, trucks still holdin up though

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
i did it once and she survived. you're all good :thumbsup:

i'll raise you one level of knuckle head-ness though. for some unGODly reason i have the habit of pulling down on the shifter when i'm parking. yeah.... :ftard:
the other day i almost ran into my innocent lil '69 bug when i pulled down on the shifter, engaged the parking break (on a very slight hill), looked down to gather my things, and at the last moment noticed i was rolling towards my bug (which i've backed into before). i don't know what's my problem.... :teethmast

hope that makes you feel better! :teeth:

·
Registered
511 Posts
giimelube - Reminds me of a time I almost wrecked my mom's house. I had to stop by her house to feed her cat. I smelled some coolant as I was pulling into the driveway and thought I'd take a look under the hood while the engine was running. Forgot to put it in park, but applied the parking brake (you know how weak they are!), and stepped out of the truck. The damn thing started driving towards one of the bedroom walls. I hopped in quick and stopped it. I ended up literally 1/2 inch from the wall. Felt like a dumbass.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
giimelube - Reminds me of a time I almost wrecked my mom's house. I had to stop by her house to feed her cat. I smelled some coolant as I was pulling into the driveway and thought I'd take a look under the hood while the engine was running. Forgot to put it in park, but applied the parking brake (you know how weak they are!), and stepped out of the truck. The damn thing started driving towards one of the bedroom walls. I hopped in quick and stopped it. I ended up literally 1/2 inch from the wall. Felt like a dumbass.
ok 1st of all... giimmeLUBE?? :rofl: awesomeness...

2nd, are they supposed to be that weak?? i think i've driven off w/ it engaged once and only for a minute, but i wouldn't think that would loosen it up that much that it's practically ineffective?? and it's been in for check-ups since in which, i believe, the dealer checks it and tightens as needed :confused:

3rd, you made me feel better about myself, thanks :thumbsup: lol

·
Premium Member
92,550 Posts
Since I got the remote start on my truck, I find myself starting it, walking up to it, unlocking it, getting in and then forgetting that it's running... I was thinking about something and my mind wasn't on what I was doing... you know how you just do things out of habit when you're not really paying attention... I put the key in, turned it to the right, foot on the brake... and recall thinking to myself... "Now why the hell won't this thing start?!" :rofl: Fortunately, I didn't turn it to the start position, just the run position... but it was close. I can see myself doing that at least once now that I have this.....

·
Registered
463 Posts
ok 1st of all... giimmeLUBE?? :rofl: awesomeness...

2nd, are they supposed to be that weak?? i think i've driven off w/ it engaged once and only for a minute, but i wouldn't think that would loosen it up that much that it's practically ineffective?? and it's been in for check-ups since in which, i believe, the dealer checks it and tightens as needed :confused:

3rd, you made me feel better about myself, thanks :thumbsup: lol
gimmelube, i think they are just weak from the factory.
mine wouldnt hold my T in the driveway when it was brand new.

·
Premium Member
92,550 Posts
There are two ways to adjust them.

One, the 10mm nut on the E-brake assembly under your dash. This is the easiest way, and the least effective.

Two, remove the rear wheels, unbolt the brake calipers, remove the rotors, adjust the parking brake shoes, and reinstall all components.

Now, you see why the dealers all choose to just adjust the tension on the cable under the dash, huh? Less time. Less work. Less effective.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
you should get yourself some louder exhaust so you know when your truck is running :eyebrow:

My daughter used to try to start my old maxima when she was 8-10 and would hold the key a little tooooo long (same effect)

Never done it in my T

But don't forget Garlic used to do it all the time in his Jeep :jester:

·
Premium Member
92,550 Posts
Yeah... Been told I shoulda got the Banks... Eh... what did that loser know? :lol:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Yeah... Been told I shoulda got the Banks... Eh... what did that loser know? :lol:
maybe you should put a strobe in by the dash that flashes when the engine is running, that should help :teethmast

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i have yet to do it in the T, but have more than a couple of times in my old civic, no probs. in fact, i remember letting a friend drive the civic around for a week while i was out of town. he dropped me off at the airport in my car and i left it running for him (i was driving first) at the drop off section. first thing he does after we say goodbye, is he gets in the drivers seat and turns the key, DOH! i just looked at him, laughed, and went inside. he felt so stupid, especially since it was someone else's car and he did it right in front of me the moment i gave it to him to borrow, lololol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts