Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was hoping to get some opinions on where to mount my tweets. i have read the factory placement wasn't very good and i was thinking about putting them in the pillars. i can either mount them externally to the trim (which i dont wanna do cause it looks tacky) or use the flush mount which will require me to drill a 2" hole in the trim. i dont know what is behind the trim of the a-pillar so I'm kinda weary of that. the mounting depth is 7/8". where does everyone think they would sound best? is it safe to drill that hole in the pillar?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Use some tape and try different locations, and try the factory location as well. I'm using the factory location and it sounds great there, but it will vary tweeter to tweeter.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm also using the factory location and they sound great not to mentino can't be seen. As Just said, it depends on the tweeter you choose. Some may be too intense to have on the pillar. Another idea would be to put them a few inches above the door speaker in that large blank space and angle them up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wiscdave said:
Not to hijack the tread, but also what do you guys recommend as a mid-level priced replacement tweeter?
all i can say is that you should consider the tweeter composition, what the tweeter film is made of. there are soft dome and hard dome types and have different sound characteristics. i bought infinity kappas which are hard dome tweets and have a harsh, metallic sound i didn't like so i switched to polk db, they have a soft dome and are more mellow and easier on my ear. but this is preference.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ttugrad95 said:
I'm also using the factory location and they sound great not to mentino can't be seen. As Just said, it depends on the tweeter you choose. Some may be too intense to have on the pillar. Another idea would be to put them a few inches above the door speaker in that large blank space and angle them up.
ahh, i never thought about the door. im gonna get some velcro and start trying them in diff. places thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts