Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 with big tow pkg. I was looking through the bottom part of the grill and saw an electrical connector just hanging there. It is next to the top right of the trans cooler fan if you are standing in front of the truck. I looked around and could not find where it went, thinking it may have fallen off. As it turns out, the plug fits into an existing connector. In other words there are two female connectors for one male connector. I switched them out drove around the block and didnt notice a difference. Does anybody know what each one does? One has a purple and pink wire, and the other one has 2 wires also. One blue and I think the other is red.:confused:

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I think there was a TSB/recall where they used a jumper harness to install a new condenser fan on certain 04-06 trucks. I think the jumper harness connects at one end to the fan and at the other end to the factory harness.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thet are the exact same length. I dont think one or the other would make it to the harness. If you have an 06 big tow, take a look you will see it.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
where does the 1 male connecter go to? Do a voltage test on the one that was unplugged. I would put it back the way it was if your truck was running right. If it aint broke dont fix it.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
There is an airbag sensor and an ambient temperature sensor in the area above the electric fan. If both of those are already connected, I am stumped.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is only one plugged in. The other one just dangles there to the right of the fan. I cant find where the other one would plug in, unless its hidden well. How do I know if the right one is going to the right spot? Is it normal for the other one to be unplugged? Has anyone checked their truck? Thanks for the diagram bestatchess.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
check for voltage on it. maybe its an old power for the fan that had to be replaced.

are you the original owner? maybe a previous owner had power for extra fog lights or something.

Reactions: wire-doc

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i did check for voltage and got a reading that fluctuated between .001 to .005. i is probably just induced voltage. I am not the original owner. I bought the truck with 14k miles on it, but it is a factory connection. Maybe I should waiy till the tranny gets hot and check for voltage again. Since no one has replied, Im guessing I am the only one that has this extra connector hanging there. Has anyone looked? Im stumped. Does anyone have a wire diagram for the 06 SE with BT and 4x4 package? Any help would be great. Thanks eveyone.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Just a thought. Could it be a airbag sensor? either from a accident or just removed/stolen from the truck?

Reactions: wire-doc

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Good guess but no, it would trigger a SRS malfunction and would light up the dash indicator. I'll check on ASSISTat work tomorrow. I'll also check my 06 non big tow in the morning to see if I have the extra plug.

Just a thought. Could it be a airbag sensor? either from a accident or just removed/stolen from the truck?

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
i have an 06 LE 4x4. how do i know if i have BT or not? I have the mirrors, is there anything else?

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
^^ wouldnt that be a bit closer to the tranny, and if it were up there and not plugged in the gauge wouldnt work.

I will check my truck tomorrow when i get off work.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I switched them out drove around the block and didnt notice a difference. :
Wow! that is a good way to F$%^ something up with out knowing what you are plugging into...just saying :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its the SAME plug. If it was that crucial, I dont think Nissan would make the same connector with the same length wire. I didnt run diesel in my truck or change out the harness from a F-150. I dont even know if the right one is connected now. This is what Im trying to find out. Thanks for your concern.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm no expert but might it simply be just an extra plug? Sometimes the factory uses one harness for all models and options and perhaps that plug is for something you simply don't have? Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts