Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What mirrors come on a Non-Big Tow 4x4 LE? Are they not the extendable two-in-one mirrors?

2) What does the Off-Road Package on LE 4x4 consist of? Since the Nissan site has removed this package, can anyone tell me what it consists of?

I'm doing my homework so I can enter negotiations educated.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
1. Standard mirror - Dual Chrome Power Heated Outside Mirrors
2. 17" x 7.5" Alloy Wheels, P285/70R17 B.F. Goodrich Rugged Trail OWL, Tires Rancho Shocks, Lower Final Gear Ratio, Tow Hooks, Skid Plate for Radiator/Oil Pan, T-Case - $550.00

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It sounds like I want to get the Big Tow to get the extendable mirrors that have the upper mirror and the lower convex mirror. I also like the Off-Road package features too.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Memphis4x4 said:
Thanks. It sounds like I want to get the Big Tow to get the extendable mirrors that have the upper mirror and the lower convex mirror. I also like the Off-Road package features too.

Thanks again.
Big Tow package consists of:

Increased Towing Capacity
Class IV Receiver Hitch with 7-pin Wiring Harness
Extendable Tow Mirrors, Heavy Duty Battery (710 CCA)
Lower Final Axle Ratio, Transmission Temp Guage
Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again. The Titan I am looking at is equipped exactly like yours except it is in Radiant Silver.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Memphis4x4 said:
Thanks again. The Titan I am looking at is equipped exactly like yours except it is in Radiant Silver.
Good luck on getting what you want. I love my truck and find I really look forward to being able to get out of the office and drive it.

I do recommend that you get the Protection Package which will rustproof it. The PP will also scotchguard the interior.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll look into the PP.....but down here in the south, we have little rust because of little salt use.

How do you like the sunroof? You should get a lot of use of it on your trip this weekend......it'll let you really enjoy the sunny south!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Memphis4x4 said:
I'll look into the PP.....but down here in the south, we have little rust because of little salt use.

How do you like the sunroof? You should get a lot of use of it on your trip this weekend......it'll let you really enjoy the sunny south!
I love having a sunroof. I had one on my Durango and used it all the time until the motor burned out and they wanted to replace it for almost as much as the thing originally cost.

Oops, I just remembered I traded it in without telling the dealer about that. Shame on me :rolleyes:

The sunroof also lets me put my magnetic dual rotating blue lights on the roof without having to stop and get out. I just open the roof, reach up through the roof and place it behind the opening. Closing the roof holds the cord and in turn the light in place in case the 90lb magnets decide to pull loose.

In case you are wondering, I put a felt pad on each magnet to reduce the chance of scratching the roof. With the height of the truck that light is visable from a good distance away.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The sunroof sure does make the e-vehicle light placement easier.....that is pretty ingenious. Make sure to clean the felt frequently......that Chicago-area salt-grime still makes it up to the roof. Do you get a waterproof seal with the cord running between the sunroof and the truck roof?

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Memphis4x4 said:
The sunroof sure does make the e-vehicle light placement easier.....that is pretty ingenious. Make sure to clean the felt frequently......that Chicago-area salt-grime still makes it up to the roof. Do you get a waterproof seal with the cord running between the sunroof and the truck roof?
The seal is not waterproof, but if it is raining (or snowing) I just unplug it and replug it into the outlet in the bed once I get to the scene. Mostly it is to get me through traffic but more often than not, my front strobes do the job real well. I use the roof light for a backup in case the idiots are out that day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts