Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had my Titan for a couple of weeks and that's given me the chance to fill up a couple of times and make a few observations about the vehicle.

First, with regards to mileage: On the first tank I got 14.5 MPG and on the second tank I got 15.2 MPG. Both are better than anything I ever got on my 2000 F150. It'll be interesting to see how the mileage stabalizes as time goes by. Of course, I must admit that I'm still babying the gas pedal since I'm still breaking-in the truck. Once I start laying a little foot into the thing, I might not be doing too much bragging about the mileage!

I'm burning regular gas (85 octane here in Colorado) and the engine purrs like a kitten. No pings and power out the ying-yang.

I've had no problems with anything, but like others on the forum, there is a difference in the volume levels between the CD and the radio. However, the difference isn't too significant in my truck, so I'm not sure I've experienced the problem to the same degree as some of you. Now, with regards to the RF, if you crank that baby up a little (and it doesn't take much), it's liable to bounce you out of your seat! Set that subwoofer to level 5 and you can be totally obnoxious at a red light. Joe Walsh never sounded so good!

The thing drives great. Simple as that. I've kept it under 70 most of the time, but there's been a couple of times where I caught myself at 85 and once at 90 mph. It loves to run up in that range and it's EASY to let that happen. Really gotta watch it...the Colorado State Patrol hangs all over the roads I use and the Red Brawny is easy to spot.

Had a chance to use the tie-downs on the utilitrac for the first time. Helped a friend with a load of furniture. What a pleasure! Didn't have to be creative at all. I just put the tie-downs where I needed them and ran "Bungees from Hell". Outstanding!

Getting lots of looks from Fords and Dodges. One Hemi 2500 in particular was scoping me out today. We were side by side at a red light on Wadsworth. His truck was new, too, still had the temporary tag. I gotta say, that Dodge was a beautiful rig. Almost the same color as my Titan, and it was easy to see that the guy was proud of it. Easy to understand, it was a looker. Well, he looked me over pretty good and I did the same. I'm sure if we weren't both in break-in, we'd have fired it up to see who had what, but we just gave each other a wave and kept our feet behind the firewalls. If we see each other a month from now, I don't think that's gonna be the case. Here's hoping...

In summary, so far, so good. I'll update from time to time as more is revealed. For the time being though, I haven't had this much fun in a vehicle since my '66 Mustang. Incidently, I paid $2,200 for that car...NEW...and thought it was a fortune! My how things have changed!

(RTT)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Thanks for the great update! I have been driving mine for just over one week now and every time is just like the first! I love this truck! I just got it back from the rust-proofing today! And tomorrow it's the toneau install. These trucks get alot of attention from other drivers. I'm having a blast driving it! I'm glad you were able to fix your rattlles in the doors. :cheers:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Great observations in a great post, Colorado! I'm having a lot of fun with all of the rubbernecking myself...EVERYONE is checking out this bad boy! :upsidedow So much so, I worry about being a menace on the road due to the Titan distracted drivers-why they even put down their cell phones, briefly! :jester: I know what you mean about having to constantly monitor the speed, too...it's outrageously easy to zoom up WAY over the speed limit...I've haven't had a ticket since I was 18 (thirty plus years) but I may be in trouble on this Titan...LOL! :jester: :cheers:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Great write-up Colorado....God how I would love to be up there right now. And the reference to the '66 Mustang...right there with you on how you feel.

Karl

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rattles? hmmm

Deepwater said:
Thanks for the great update! I have been driving mine for just over one week now and ever time is just like the first! I love this truck! I just got it back from the rust-proofing today! And tomorrow it's the toneau install. These trucks get alot of attention from other drivers. I'm having a blast driving it! I'm glad you were able to fix your rattlles in the doors. :cheers:
I have some rattles in my Titan only two weeks old, near the doors and like where the glove compatment is. I have yet to track down the exact source. Any suggestions? I will be talking to my dealer this weekend about them

Thanks,
Silverlust

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the update Colorado! Hey do you have that ticking sound at all?

The rubbernecking is great here too. I constantly have people coming up to me at the gas station, work, store, etc asking to have a look at it.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Colorado,

Glad to see we have another 'Titanaholic!'. Great report!

Mine wasn't a 'stang'. My first 'V8' was in high school. Me and my dad rebuilt a 70 1/2 Camaro for me with an Olds 442 engine in it!

Dad was very good at the fabrication stuff...If only he was still with us I would have one heck of a Rod out in the garage!

Chris

·
Registered
495 Posts
Silverlust said:
I have some rattles in my Titan only two weeks old, near the doors and like where the glove compatment is. I have yet to track down the exact source. Any suggestions? I will be talking to my dealer this weekend about them

Thanks,
Silverlust
Not sure but this may be the case, check to make sure your passenger's seat belt is back in its proper position. Every time after the seat belts (all) are used, they never go back to the right place and hit on the panels when you go over an uneven road.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ChuhBaca said:
Hey Colorado, do you have a Silver King Cab? You said you've been on Wadsworth and I have been seeing a Silver King Cab on Wadsworth for a couple of weeks now.

Nope...I'm the red one.

Bubba

(RTT)

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sorry, I deleted my post because I realized you already said that the State Patrol would notice the Red Brawn easily. Sorry for the brain fart.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Silverlust said:

Thanks,
Silverlust
Not to be an arse, but have you checked that the all the stuff in your glove box is secured and not bouncin' around? In mine i have a tire gauge, pens, screw driver, etc. and they rattle a little when going over rough roads.

Also any CD's or anything that sit in the door bins will rattle like crazy. I found that out the hard way during an 1-1/2 hour drive by leaving the license plate bracket and CD's in the passenger side door bin. Rattles the whole way...and i was too lazy to stop and move them. :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts