Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed these on Friday, and figured I'd put up some pics for anyone interested. I saw a lot of positive reviews for the Tyger Star Armour steps, but they weren't really what I was looking for. I wanted something that didn't hang down, and looked more like the Raptor OEM steps. Stumbled across these, and based on the reviews of their other products, figured I'd give them a shot. Very happy with them so far. They came very well packaged, and install was simple, even with one of my thumbs in a splint.
With all of the previous trucks that I put some type of step on, I never really used them to get in and out. They were always more for someplace to kick the crap off of my boots in ski area parking lots, and maybe to help protect from door dings. I got these for the same reasons, but have found myself actually stepping on them instead over over them, so that's a bonus.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Would you say they sit about OEM step bar height? It looks like they're lower than some blade type steps from other brands.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you say they sit about OEM step bar height? It looks like they're lower than some blade type steps from other brands.
I've never actually seen the OEM steps in person to compare, since there are very few 2nd gen Titans in my area.

Best I can tell you on the height is that they measure about 1 3/4" below the bottom of the door.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
I think they are higher than factory boards, they look nice.

Clint

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Those look nice. Tell us about the install? Use factory holes or do you have to drill holes in the frame?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No drilling required for the install. You bolt up three brackets per side, using factory threaded holes and / or studs (depending on year.) Once the brackets are bolted to the body, the boards bolt to the brackets, which is nice, since you don't ever have to support the weight of the boards themselves. (They sit on top of the brackets)

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is the part number? I'm having a hard time finding these. When you go to Tyger's website they show no results when entering Titan model years 17-21. I just purchased a '21 Pro4X and looking to install these. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
329 Posts
What is the part number? I'm having a hard time finding these. When you go to Tyger's website they show no results when entering Titan model years 17-21. I just purchased a '21 Pro4X and looking to install these. Any help is appreciated!
Someone in a different thread had this same issue the other day. I’m thinking Nissan stepped in and made them discontinue because they looked so much like the Pro4x OEM boards but selling them at 75% less than what Nissan does.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Part # is TG-BL8N7228, however I did see where someone said they contacted Tyger and these were discontinued. I'd bet that would just be lack of sales, rather than any legal action from Nissan.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sucks that these were discontinued.... I absolutely love mine. I was aiming for a step similar to my brother's raptor, and this was the closest I could find. I think the OEM 2020+ Pro4x steps sit lower than these ones do. These tuck right up under the cab and the front bracket just barely extends below the frame. I'll probably still remove them before I go to Moab, but they were perfectly fine on the local trails near me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I’d keep looking to see if you can find them. It seems the Tyger staff isn’t exactly on the ball with their products. I wanted the roll up bed cover and emailed back and forth with them and they told me repeatedly their roll up cover would not work with the track system AND Titan boxes.

This went on for a couple weeks and I kept seeing pics on Amazon and thought it would work just fine. Even though they said it wouldn’t, I took a chance and ordered the cover and installed it with no issues. Emailed them so they could update their ad to show it does work with no modifications and they still havent updated the ad. And they still believe the cover is incompatible with tracks and boxes installed.

Having said that, I think the cover is very well built and no doubt their other products are too.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
I’d keep looking to see if you can find them. It seems the Tyger staff isn’t exactly on the ball with their products. I wanted the roll up bed cover and emailed back and forth with them and they told me repeatedly their roll up cover would not work with the track system AND Titan boxes.

This went on for a couple weeks and I kept seeing pics on Amazon and thought it would work just fine. Even though they said it wouldn’t, I took a chance and ordered the cover and installed it with no issues. Emailed them so they could update their add to show it does work with no modifications and they still havent updated the add. And they still believe the cover is incompatible with tracks and boxes installed.

Having said that, I think the cover is very well built and no doubt their other products are too.
I had that same issue with Magnaflow, they said I couldn’t use the cat back with the rear plastic bumper and 5 years later it still never melted. I called and told them it’s fine, sent pictures of how it is and they still never corrected their wrong information.

Clint

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
2020 Baja Storm Pro 4X
40 Posts
Someone in a different thread had this same issue the other day. I’m thinking Nissan stepped in and made them discontinue because they looked so much like the Pro4x OEM boards but selling them at 75% less than what Nissan does.
That was me. Here is what they said:

"Hello Chad,

Unfortunately, we do not have Blade running boar for a 2020/Nissan/Titan anymore.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Tyger Auto"

They didn't exactly give a ton of details. :-(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts