Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my codes cleared after a check engine light, and I need to get the truck smogged. I put about 80 miles on it, and the truck has yet to run its internal O2 test, so without that I cant smog.

Any tips on what kind of driving will trigger the computer to run an O2 test? I dont drive this truck much and I just need it to get smogged ASAP. Thanks

·
Registered
559 Posts
There are specified driving cycles to set the various test codes as completed. Pages EC-43 to EC-45 of the Service Manual describe 4 patterns used to clear various codes. You can access the service manual for your model year Titan at the NICOclub website: How To Use NICOclub.com?s Factory Service Manual Database.

Since the service manual descriptions are cyptic to say the least, you could also try this generic OBDII cycle described for an '04 Titan - will probably work OK. what are the specifics on the drive cycle on 04 nissan titan? - 2004 Nissan Titan

Good luck!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just went through this. I did the relearn first---1. Clear Codes 2. unplug MAF 3. Start and idle for 3-5 seconds 4. shut off and plug MAF back in 5. clear MAF codes 6. Start truck and let it idle for ten minutes.

Do the above and dont shut if off. Then drive it for 5-10 miles, stop and park and leave it at idle for 5-10 minutes. Then drive some more.

I used the above method twice in the past week and both times all emissions tests were complete. Once, when I did not use this method and drove 80 miles and the Evap test still did not complete.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
You may be allowed pass with one or two readiness monitors still off, depending on your state's vehicle inspection program and vehicle age.

·
Premium Member
20,950 Posts
Why does the O2 test need to be run? I've cleared my code numerous times so I'm wondering if this O2 test needs to be initiated in my Titan also. My state can require me to hook up to the tail pipe for the emissions test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts