Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a cst 4 in spindle lift and a 2.5 in level kit. I want to get a couple more inches with the bilsteins but I'm maxes out on my stock uca....if I get the RC UCAs can I get some lift out of the shocks without coil bucket contact?!

·
Vendor
711 Posts
I've got a cst 4 in spindle lift and a 2.5 in level kit. I want to get a couple more inches with the bilsteins but I'm maxes out on my stock uca....if I get the RC UCAs can I get some lift out of the shocks without coil bucket contact?!
With your current setup you will get maybe another 1" out of the RC UCA's if you're lucky, probably more like .5". If you want to get the full 2" more that you can out of the bilsteins you'd have to go with the PRG UCA's.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Preload doen't cause cb contact, but the 5100's might be slightly longer than your current struts, so if you went to a 2" leveling kit, -1/2", (or just grind U's in your coil bucket lips if you do get a little contact), then set the 5100's on the middle setting for +1.5", you should get 1" more lift with stock UCA's. You will get a worse ride though because preload on your coils lifts by making the coils firmer, not by lengthening the strut. Also, preload takes away from droop travel, so the cab follows the front wheels into potholes sooner/more, but some like the middle setting, and with a '04-'07 2wd coil, it shouldn't be any worse than a '08+ 4x4 coil on the lower setting.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Preload doen't cause cb contact, but the 5100's might be slightly longer than your current struts, so if you went to a 2" leveling kit, -1/2", (or just grind U's in your coil bucket lips if you do get a little contact), then set the 5100's on the middle setting for +1.5", you should get 1" more lift with stock UCA's. You will get a worse ride though because preload on your coils lifts by making the coils firmer, not by lengthening the strut. Also, preload takes away from droop travel, so the cab follows the front wheels into potholes sooner/more, but some like the middle setting, and with a '04-'07 2wd coil, it shouldn't be any worse than a '08+ 4x4 coil on the lower setting.
hate to thread jack, but i have the same set up with the 4" spindles and 2.5" leveling kit with stock uca. want to put 5100's on the lowest setting with 1/2" lift. do you think i'll have contact. (already grinded the lip)thanks

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
hate to thread jack, but i have the same set up with the 4" spindles and 2.5" leveling kit with stock uca. want to put 5100's on the lowest setting with 1/2" lift. do you think i'll have contact. (already grinded the lip)thanks
Since you already had to grind the lip, you would probably want to get a shorter leveling kit when you put on the 5100's.

Many also put on the longer '08+ 4x4 coils which would give you the lift, (since the shorter 2" leveling spacer and the 1/2" of lift from the bottom spring perch of the 5100's, (preload lift), would cancel each other out). The longer coil probably would even give you an inch, so if you only want 1/2" more, a 1.5" leveling kit would give you even more droop clearance.

Or instead of the longer coils, use the middle setting for 1.5" and drop the leveling spacer's height to 2" or 1.5" ... for 1" or 1/2" of lift.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Since you already had to grind the lip, you would probably want to get a shorter leveling kit when you put on the 5100's.

Many also put on the longer '08+ 4x4 coils which would give you the lift, (since the shorter 2" leveling spacer and the 1/2" of lift from the bottom spring perch of the 5100's, (preload lift), would cancel each other out). The longer coil probably would even give you an inch, so if you only want 1/2" more, a 1.5" leveling kit would give you even more droop clearance.

Or instead of the longer coils, use the middle setting for 1.5" and drop the leveling spacer's height to 2" or 1.5" ... for 1" or 1/2" of lift.
i didnt have to grind the lip,never had contact, but i did it while i was putting on the leveling kit cause it was easy to get to. guess my question is, you stated preload doesnt cause cb contact and was just wondering. when the time comes i will probably be getting the 5100's and just take a gamble that everything works out. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts