Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm tired of waiting for someone to come out with one of these things so I am enlisting the help of an outside source. What I'm looking for is for someone that has or knows how to get the alternator and crank pulleys so an underdrive and overdrive pulley can be fabricated. The closer to the Seattle area the better, but if the parts can be spared, we don't care where they come from.

End goal is to have a crank underdrive pulley fabricated with an alternator overdrive pulley as an optional addition.

Andrew

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
ablexus said:
Well, I'm tired of waiting for someone to come out with one of these things so I am enlisting the help of an outside source. What I'm looking for is for someone that has or knows how to get the alternator and crank pulleys so an underdrive and overdrive pulley can be fabricated. The closer to the Seattle area the better, but if the parts can be spared, we don't care where they come from.

End goal is to have a crank underdrive pulley fabricated with an alternator overdrive pulley as an optional addition.

Andrew

buy them from the dealership,lol or buy a blown motor for 150 bucks from the dealership and yank ALL the pulleys off and get them all done up.. they are heavy to say the least..i pulled off my fan and idler pulley and dropped nearly 2/10ths of a second 0-60 with that alone with my 22's im doing a 6.2 0-60 now atm. don;t let the nay sayers get you down about underdrive pulleys as thier is definate gains to be made from this motor, imo 13-15 hp at a minimum if you get electric fans and underdrive 10% and do light weight pulleys on the rest powersteering, a/c, waterpump, and alternator

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't worry, I don't let idiots get to me. Physics doesn't lie, nor do dynomanometers. I am going in to see the dealer on monday because my battery is wet, I'll see what they have to say about the pulleys. There are Titan engines laying around but they want money for the whole thing... an engine is no good to them without the pulleys.

Andrew

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
man buy the engine for scrap,lol the heads on these are 1,800 bucks each :) i wanna port/polish some heads soo bad so when cams come out the heads will be ready for them, i have a dealership here looking for me a junk motor..

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Toomnymods said:
man buy the engine for scrap,lol the heads on these are 1,800 bucks each :) i wanna port/polish some heads soo bad so when cams come out the heads will be ready for them, i have a dealership here looking for me a junk motor..

a member on here is selling his motor, maybe you could talk to him about it but i think he lives up north

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
contact "ravelo" he may have a crank pulley already designed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am personally working on making a crank pulley for the titan -
i own a lathe and several mills - this is somehting that if someone wants to send me there stock crank pulley, i will return it to them in one week and also give them a free crank pulley

here is an example of one that i made for the sentra community

i can't post the pic until i have 15 post made

·
Registered
35 Posts
here are some samples of the power steering pulleys i made for the sentra - i am working on the same for the titan as well as a altenator and crank pulley

·
Registered
35 Posts
thats funny that you are in Media - my parents live in Media -

I live in Claymont DE and my shop is in West Berlin NJ - I have a decent sized shop that is very reasonable price wise - only 45 per hour...

·
Registered
35 Posts
also I know about new cams coming out for the titan, or I should say was casted for the titan but never were released by a major nissan player...

·
Registered
35 Posts
DeadRiver said:
man you're gonna get an assload of PM's...

do you run CAD at your shop, need help?
LOL - really? I don't come on here much - I'm one of the admin/owners of another forum -

yes I have Master Cam 9 and I use it for my cad work - i wouldn't mind working something out though for time and effort ya know -

send me your number, lets talk -

William

·
Registered
511 Posts
DeadRiver said:
man you're gonna get an assload of PM's...

Q F T !!!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Hey wperdigon...Product idea can you fab up a tranny pan that has a bung for a temp sensor and perhaps an extra pint or so of fluid? I can get you a pan for mock up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
RB's - I have though about doing this - though what is the general interest in something like this? I have thought about making a rear diff spacer to allow for more fluid in the rear diff...

either way, i have already begun the process on making the underdriven pulley and I have been cutting the blanks on the machine yesterday - i will have them completed today and I will have a few sets for dyno testing -

i want you guys to know that i'm serious about the titan community and i'm working on some other performance parts for it as well -
i will post pics of the new pulley later tonight -

william

·
Registered
561 Posts
Agreed - Can't wait to see the results!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts