Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright! Here we go!

I have a 2017 pro4x with PRG 1.5 inch lift in the front and 1 in the back.

I'm looking into a new wheel and tire combo but I am still a bit unsure as to what will fit. I don't mind loosing the mud flaps and some trimming.

For tires I am looking at 295/70/18 and I know they fit with the pwm.

Now,, going with an 18x9" wheel i have the options of -12 offset 0 and 12.

My question is which of these would work with the given setup? As far as i can tell, it would be the -12mm offset and maybe the 0 offset. -12 would push the tire .5 inch away from the truck and 0 would be the same as stock?

Disclamer: I've searched the hell out of this but can find an answer

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok. So if anyone could chime in that would be great. I'm going with 18x9.5 wheels with a -18 offset. That, paired up with 295/70/18 tires.

I THINK this should fit. As far as I can tell, the tire should be 1 and a quarter inch farther away from the suspension and frame. Although it does push out the tire about an inch out farther than the fender. I THINK.

Or same thing with +12mm offset. Idk which would be a better fit for the truck. AKA less trimming.

Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
The easiest thing to do is mock this up with your current tires/rims. You can get the offset of your rims by measuring the backspacing. Once you know your current setup, and how much clearance you have, it's simple math (or just mock it up with a piece of cardboard) and you can tell what works and what hits. As best I can tell (not knowing what OEM rims you actually have on the truck) you're likely to have somewhere between 23 and 25mm of positive offset. And those are 18x8 rims. So if you switch to an 18x9.5 with -18 offset, you shift from a backspacing of 5.4-ish out to a backspacing of 4.54", which means your rim sits a full .9" further out, and is 1.5" wider than your old rim, so add another .75" to that (half the rim width increase), for a total of 1.65" of additional protrusion from the face of the hub. If you go with the zero offset version, you're looking at 5.25" backspacing, plus half the rim width difference (.75") so a total of 1" additional protrusion from the hub face. Going to +12 offset just knocks a quarter inch off the protrusion with the new wheels.

All this offset nonsense is confusing. Just start measuring backspacing and rim width, and you'll be able to do relatively simple math to figure it out. So what you need to know is, do you have 1.65" of clearance on your current setup through the range of travel? If you don't, and you can't cut to get that, you're going to get a lot of rubbing with the -18 offset wheels.

Reactions: JrSr2003
1 - 4 of 4 Posts