Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys so I've been bouncing around the idea for taking my Titan and turning it into something like the ultimate fun haver created by kibbetech. Its pretty much a prerunner mixed with a drift truck all in one. The suspension is all king all around with airbags all around for an adjustable ride hight to deal with having it dropped for drifting or raising it to do some semi-prerunning or in my case some urban prerunning! I've been doing a lot of research to figure out how I am going to be able to put this together. From what I have figured out I will need a Full either long travel or mid travel from DK (just my first personal choice because I have heard nothing but great things about their company). Then front and rear air bags, the front bags are most likely going to replace the springs of the king shocks possibly unless I or someone else can come up with a better idea. Then just normal bags on the rear from frame to axle. Hopefully gonna run 35in tires if I am able to but I am always open to options! I love the look of the fender flares so I will most likely have a set made and powder coated. Then interior is farther down the road. So if anyone can add any insight to this and help me out that would be killer. I know there's a lot of guys on here with some pretty insane knowledge about prerunners and bagged suspension so between us all I think we can possibly make this work! Attached are some pictures of my truck as it sits right now and the Ultimate Fun Haver.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Sounds awesome if you have the coin. Sounds like the new rebel runner from dodge with the airbag suspension that's been getting a lot of hate. If it were me, I would just get the DK long travel kit and not worry about the height you have when drifting unless you're trying to drift race. Also not sure how much thought you have but to get a full on prerunner truck you're looking at more than the face value of the suspension. Probably $15k plus depending on fenders, bumpers, etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah luckily I work at an shop and we've got TransAmerican Wholesale that I can order through to some things a bit cheaper. Really just wanting to build something completely different from almost everyone else. I've gone through the leveling kits then to a full pro comp stage 2 lift kit with adjustable coilovers in the front. The reason I want to do air bagged suspension instead of just a long travel kit is so that I can adjust it and change the ride height depending on what I am doing.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Yeah luckily I work at an shop and we've got TransAmerican Wholesale that I can order through to some things a bit cheaper. Really just wanting to build something completely different from almost everyone else. I've gone through the leveling kits then to a full pro comp stage 2 lift kit with adjustable coilovers in the front. The reason I want to do air bagged suspension instead of just a long travel kit is so that I can adjust it and change the ride height depending on what I am doing.
sounds like you better be ready to do some frame work too.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Big project, sounds sweet. While you're at it, how about source a z33 6spd trans, like a reverse 350/370z VK56 drift build?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The six speed trans would be awesome but putting that in and then having to figure out the ECU for that would be insane. I'd then be close to a complete stand alone ECU at that point. This project is just a thought, but if I can actually figure it all out and get my lift tires and all that good stuff sold then I will start ordering some long travel and shocks there soon after!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Looks like a great project, that would be sick to have. Start listing your stuff! I'm looking to gain while you're trying to lose it! :big_grin:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like a great project, that would be sick to have. Start listing your stuff! I'm looking to gain while you're trying to lose it! :big_grin:
As much as I would love to sell you my whole lift and everything you want from my truck the deal would be killed because as of right now the truck and I are on Maui in Hawaii. I would bring it back to California but then I don't get any special discounts on suspension through my shop...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any prerunner guys or people with airbag experience have any suggestions for the build???

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
any prerunner guys or people with airbag experience have any suggestions for the build???
get a second vehicle. and drop the titan off at Kibbetech and a blank check.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts