Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys who end up with cracked manifolds and are worried about the noise associated with headers just sit back and listen.

I have been asked to get some sound clips of my Titan for a while now and finally found time to get a few. This is a very clean sounding system which is very hard to obtain on these Nissan trucks and SUV's. The dreaded CIS (rasp) and drone are unwanted sounds the Titan will have if you install headers on the incorrect exhaust system. There are only a handful of mufflers that sound good on these trucks with headers. I have found that Borla, JBA, Gibson and the big Magnaflow mufflers are the best sounding. No matter what muffler used the Ultraquiet resonator installed on the tailpipe is needed to kill the drone and cis that these choice mufflers have.

The Cajun Catback is a custom system designed like the popular JBA Catback but we incorporated a 2.5" ypipe instead of the 2.25". The Cajun system does not come with the muffler or tip so you can choose the muffler and tip of your choice. My favorites are the Borla 400436 and the tamer JBA muffler. The JBA muffler which I can get separate from the JBA system is by far the tamest and as close to stock as you will get with headers. This system in the video is my 05 2wd with LT headers, resonated 2.5" Cajun bpipes, Cajun catback with Borla 400436 and the Ultraquiet resonator. The tip is a 3" Blastin Bob resonaoted tip. This is a exhaust system you can hook up to your travel trailer and travel across the country and not have a head ache when you get there. The JBA muffler is about 20% quieter than this. Zero drone or CIS....Enjoy!!

In Cab video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNZdpKtx3OU
Outside Cab video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XgFqOFZHxk
Drive by video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2c_Y2rpILk

Attachments

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Should be a sticky.

Reactions: GalaxyPro4X11

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm still completely stock ten years later. After hearing the video I may have to exhilarate the deterioration of the exhaust system. Manifold still OK for now. Only 64500 on truck. Nice video and great sound.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have and Gibson cat back duals, with stillen LT's and B pipes with high flow cats that has a bit of a rasp at certain RMP's.
What is your advice with this set up?

·
Registered
882 Posts
That borla does sound great. If I switch it'll be my 5th muffler on my truck, including oem.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are awesome but do have drone when installed with headers so the UQ is a must to help kill that. There is not another muffler out there that sounds as good as these do. The NEW JBA muffler is darn close just not as aggressive. I will have some JBA sound clips posted in a month or so.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have and Gibson cat back duals, with stillen LT's and B pipes with high flow cats that has a bit of a rasp at certain RMP's.
What is your advice with this set up?
UQ resonators installed on the tailpipes post muffler. Unfortunately duals require two. $103 each shipped from Cajun

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nightowl is spot on with all his sugesstions. I did the JBA LT's, Catt'ed B-pipes and the 3" JBA catback and without the UQ Res the drone was killing me, me that wants a nice grumble. Now with the UQ Res cut in even my wife will ride with me (hahahaha). So I guess that tells ya about the drone.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Couldn't agree more about the borla being the best muffler for the titan. Couple with a vibrant ultra quiet they do sound amazing and produce a great tone.

Mine is loud and drones lol. But mine is dumped pre axle and is also 3.5". But I'm used to it. Love it!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Nightowl I can get one with headers, catted p-pipes, JBA catback no UQ if you want. Got a GoPro that I can put in the same place as you did for the interior/exterior.

Reactions: nightowl

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Yep Great sounding exhaust, Power and not bad on the ears very nice system. (currently dumped behind muffler) UQ going on soon.:clap::clap::cheers:

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JBA 40-1400 with UQ is installed on the Cajun Titan now so I will get a few videos posted soon. It is a lot tamer than the Borla and sounds great just not as deep as the Borla. Wife and I are planning a trip with the camper soon so I wanted the quietest system possible with little cabin noise, This is it!! I would say 30% quieter than the Borla videos.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm still completely stock ten years later. After hearing the video I may have to exhilarate the deterioration of the exhaust system. Manifold still OK for now. Only 64500 on truck. Nice video and great sound.
I am too but at least one if not two cracked exhaust manifolds is causing me to change this. Unfortunately being in CA I can't run the cajun setup otherwise I would it sounds awesome and seems to perform the best. That being said I'm going with JBA shorties and stand alone CATS. I just need to find an exhaust that will compliment that setup. I've gotten the itch now to start doing some modding to my T. All my efforts had been focused on my 2012 JKU. This will be my fast toy and my Jeep will be my slow toy..haha

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dude... Nightowl... Your killing it man... I love the sound of the truck. Do you have plans to make an Armada/QX version? :)

PS... Lovin the Louisiana accent

·
Registered
346 Posts
question Nightowl, which borla muffler did you use? Since the UQ resonator install, my truck is too quiet!!!! I miss the rumble! I want a deep loud borla muffler! Please help...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts