Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Been wanting to grab a bedcover, but still on the fence as to which one. I'd really like for Undercover to make the Elite XL for the Titan but no such luck yet. The hard folding ones seem like a great idea too, but really want something rain proof. How are the ones you guys have bought working out?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the OEM cover and I like it. Keeps the bed dry and is hard under the top for security.
A friend of mine has the tri-fold for his ram but it leaks into the box area. They have hose that you can attach to control the water flow but it sucks overall. Not sure if others are like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
I have the Bakflip MX4 for six months and overall I’m pleased with it.

Clint

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a TruXedo TruXport Soft Roll-up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover that does not leak at all. Sure it doesn't have the security of a hard top, but I wasn't a fan of the bulky roller at the end for the rolltops and the fact that 1/3 of the bed would always be covered on the trifolds.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I also have the Bakflip MX4, and it's pretty dang water tight. There are obvious areas that leak, such as where the tailgate meets the bed, but even that doesn't leak much at all even with heavy rain. I wouldn't put permanent carpet back there, but for keeping luggage and stuff dry on rainy road trips it works perfectly.

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
I also have the Bakflip MX4, and it's pretty dang water tight. There are obvious areas that leak, such as where the tailgate meets the bed, but even that doesn't leak much at all even with heavy rain. I wouldn't put permanent carpet back there, but for keeping luggage and stuff dry on rainy road trips it works perfectly.
It’s been very good, I put a dab of silicone on a couple of self drilling screws they used for the prop rods and nothing comes in from there now.
Since you also have one can you do me a favor and post a picture of the side bedrail where it meets the bulkhead wall taken from above, I have a small square about 1/4x1/4 open to the sky. That little bit goes straight through but don’t understand why the front gasket doesn’t cover that gap.

Clint

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
If you just want a cover to protect from rain I'd suggest going with a cheaper soft cover. If you're looking for security for items in the bed go with a hard cover. I've had a cheap, soft tri-fold that I bought on craigslist for $100 for over a year, and it's held up well. I rarely get any water in the bed. We had torrential rain with 30-40mph winds here lately and there may have been a few wet spots, but nothing to where I'd be worried about something stored back there. I can also take it on/off in about 5 minutes so if I need the whole bed it's not a hassle. Just depends on if you want to spend a couple hundred or a thousand or more for a cover.

I have not gone through a car wash with it on, and I would not suggest doing so with a soft cover.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you just want a cover to protect from rain I'd suggest going with a cheaper soft cover. If you're looking for security for items in the bed go with a hard cover. I've had a cheap, soft tri-fold that I bought on craigslist for $100 for over a year, and it's held up well. I rarely get any water in the bed. We had torrential rain with 30-40mph winds here lately and there may have been a few wet spots, but nothing to where I'd be worried about something stored back there. I can also take it on/off in about 5 minutes so if I need the whole bed it's not a hassle. Just depends on if you want to spend a couple hundred or a thousand or more for a cover.

I have not gone through a car wash with it on, and I would not suggest doing so with a soft cover.

This is what I like about the OEM cover, it is very water tight because of the soft covering but then has hard panels below to help with the security part. No tonneau cover (with the exception of maybe fibreglass) will keep someone out that wants the contents badly enough.

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
This is what I like about the OEM cover, it is very water tight because of the soft covering but then has hard panels below to help with the security part. No tonneau cover (with the exception of maybe fibreglass) will keep someone out that wants the contents badly enough.

Any pictures? I’ve never saw or knew Nissan has one.

Clint

·
Registered
206 Posts

Not a good one sorry. It has Nissan embossed in the corner (can’t see in the pic).

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the Extang Trifecta 2.0. Soft, trifold. Fast and easy to install by yourself. Easy to pop off if (2 T-handles) you need to.

Has been great for the 3 months I've had it. The only leakage I've had was after going through a touchless wash where the high-pressure spray is directly into the seal. I had a very very small splatter mark near the rear gate seal (considering the wand passes 4 times, that's incredible!)

Came highly recommended by a co-worker who has had his for about 18 months, and he bought it based on a buddy's recommendation who's had his for 7 years now. Oh, and it's one of the less expensive options out there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am looking for something very secure and very waterproof. I guess the only thing that really fits the bill for that is the one piece covers. I like the utility and looks of the hard folding better though. I can compromise a bit on security and waterproofing as long as it's not too much of a compromise. I've got the crappy plastic bed liner, but it does have the benefit of the raised ribbing that would keep any leaks from touching the bottom of whatever I had back there. I guess I can always add some waterproofing to the cover where it lacks it as well.

Something that worries me about the hard folding covers is how long are all those rubber seals going to hold up? I don't want to buy another cover in 5-6 years.

A new cover I just saw is the Weathertech Alloy cover. They only make it for the regular bed length right now though.

Here's my list for now:

Undercover Flex or Ultraflex

Bakflip MX4

Undercover Lux(Have to get it painted, don't like the black textured)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts