Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well last year i wrecked my titan after just getting it. I plan on doing a prerunner style mod to it. I plan on getting the 3 1/4 currie rear axle for it and Fiberwerks fenders on all four corners. I also want to do a long travel suspension all around. I was going to do a custom 4 link like i have done with other trucks but i heard that it makes the rear end too squirrelly in loose rocks so i think ill stick with leaf springs because they are easier to install within the timeframe i have. It will be getting a bedcage and custom front and rear bumpers put on. Does anyone have any recomendations for a long travel kit for the front end? I have untill march 2017 to atleast get the truck rolling on its own power again.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
What did the titan wrestle with, a train?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did the titan wrestle with, a train?
Na i dodged a deer on a dirt road and swerved in the ditch on the left and there was a rock the size of a 42in tire. My left rear caught it and spun me out in to tge trees on the other side of the road

·
Registered
14,137 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Nice!!!!! Besides travel does it give any lo ift?

·
Registered
14,137 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
That looks pretty nasty, next time I would just hit the deer (little speed beef never hurt anyone). I realize that's easy to say after the fact, it's your natural instinct to try not to hit something. Did it bend the frame?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I plan on running grabber 35 in on it. But thats a little ways down the road. Im going to use swayaway 2.0 16 in shocks for the rear. Has anyone used a deaver c30 leaf spring kit? I cant find any reviews on it. The frame is all good i gust have to reweld on the leaf spring mount and get a new driveshaft and axle then rake off bed before it can at least get driven to the shop. How much width does that long arm kit add. I cant add too much because finding a place to park at work would be near imposible.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
did you click the links....grabbers are sh1t tires. research Deaver springs, they'll add quite a bit of lift if you're 4x4.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just finished reading it i can fit the kit but it will have to be around 6months till i can get them. Im focusing on the rear end for now because thats where the most damage is. Also since im milotary i only got a few weeks to get the truck atleast drivable from sc to tx by march. I had to drop the truck at my dads house because they cant drop the truck off at base. I found out that with the fenders im getting ill need to reuse most of the stock bed and plan on ordering a full replacement bed for it. It will save me some fab time and be easier to just replace than realign the bed floor. Does anyone know a place i can get a replacement C pillar skin for the passenger side? Iv looked on rockauto and they only sell the kit as the entire side of the cab which is 1200.95 when i can get from another site the entire cab for 850. Since i have a tight timeframe i cant replace the cab entirely yet and dont have the right tools to take the side of the cab off. The pass.rear door is going to get scrapped and im going to a scrap yard and getting a new one. So far the parts i got are all miss matched colors. Any one have an idea on what color to paint it, besides white,red,or black. I was thinking of doing a similar color to stock but with more flakes in it and dull coat it. I dont want a color that screams pull me over and isnt too bright.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes grabbers suck but i was abke to have fun in a buddys fronteir and they seemed to hook up enough for takeoff and breaking while still having a tight enough pattern to spin the rear end around when i wanted it to. Had them on my dodge and didnt like them but idk if they changed their compound or something since then.

Sent from my SM-G720N0 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok i found a wheel/tire combo i think i might get. Micket Thompson Baja claw ttc radial 33in]and method roost in 17x8.5

Also thinking of a silver metalic green with different shades of flat gray

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Solid wheel and tire combo.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
CJC is working on a new long travel kit that will clear 37's he said.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That sounds great im trying to just get the 33s on there for now so i can atleast drive it to work and play a little with the suspension.
So far i got these parts planned out over the next year:
Currie 3.25 rear axle
King 2.5 rear shocks
King 2.5 front
Dirt King 4x4 long travel kit
Fiberwerx rear tt fenders
Fiberwerx 1 peice fenders/hood
Set of 5 method ROOST rims
Set of 5 MT baja claw ttc radials.
There are some other parts that i have to find in decent enough condition:
Entire bed asbly with the cargo rails
Rear passenger door (cant find one for a king cab anywhere)
Rear driveshaft
As for the long travel kit for the rear i might wait till CJC comes out with theirs jus to say i was the first to have it lol

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Call DK when you're ready to order. He can get the Kings built to your spec, IE longer for more lift, valved how you want, spring rate how you want. Should also add hydraulic bump stops up front too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts