Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jus bought an 05 Titan Crew Cab...love it but i despise chrome....sorry.... Is there anyway to get rid of all the chrome? substitute with Black?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Ditto on the bed liner. I did that and it wasn't hard at all.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
trade out your chrome parts with someone that wants them and get their painted parts. easiest way there is

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
vinyl wrap. did my lower front bumper flat black and then bedlined my upper grille and mirror caps. still have to wrap my door handles and rear bumper then shes alllll blacked out (sig pic is before any of this)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
of course you can... see below. Make rustoleum bed liner your friend.

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts
You can debadge it to get a cleaner look and lose some chrome at the same time. That's free, just takes some time to do. You can pull the burgers off front and back and paint them. You can swap out the mirror caps and the handles with someone who has black. Front bumper upper and lower, too, if you can find someone with your color truck who wants your chrome.

Otherwise, bedlining them might be an option for you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm Everyone seems to be Unanimous on the Bedlining Option...Will research some more into it...thanx for the input guys

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea i was Just reading abt that actually..alot of ppl complain that it doesnt last and it chips like crazy especially in the Front :(..... still searching....................

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
you can buy black handles and mirror pieces that replace the crome on the back of your mirror. or trade someone for their black pieces. i think the black is the XE model

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I put about 3-4 coats on mine and this was back in June when I bedlined my front bumper and it hasn't chipped.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you prep n paint correctly, will have no problems.
The devil is in the details. Most people hose it off, and start painting. That will not last very long no matter what you're laying down.

·
Registered
766 Posts
As some people have said, selling or trading your chrome pieces is the easiest way to go. But for others like myself, the Rustoleum spray on bedliner worked perfectly. Its matte black finish gives the T a more tough look. Some have said that it will chip but what doesnt chip over time especially when road debris is constantly present. If it does, just a touch up is all thats needed. Its very easy to work with, as long as you have some skill for it. My front bumper and upper grille has been sprayed for about 6 months now and no problems whatsoever.

Its your truck and you can do what ever pleases you and frankly, most of us here on the boards will appreciate it one way or another. Good luck...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
My advice is to stay away from the bedliner as well. I painted my wife's Pathfinder grille (entire grille) with bedliner, and I hated it after a couple days. I ended up buying a new grille. I even painted the chrome tailgate handle on her Pathfinder and regretted it as well.

Back when I had my factory 18's, I prepped and painted them with flat black spray paint. They held up great, even with the careless @$$ clowns at the tire shop working on them. I only had to touch them up once or twice in almost 2 years. The factory 17's that I have now, I prepped and painted them with bedliner, and I have to touch them up every time they balance/rotate my tires. They chip so bad and this is even with 1 1/2 cans of bedliner on each wheel when I initially painted them. If I could do it over, I would rather use spray paint.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: SD_Titan

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
I've only used the Rustoleum bedliner, so can't speak for the others...

I did my cowl, wiper arms, bull bar, pocket flares and tailgate bib with it at the beginning of the year. I put 3-4 coats on everything as well and prepped with Windex and a clean paper towel to remove any debris.

If you go look at my truck now, all the sprayed parts look exactly like the day I sprayed them and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
duplicolor black chrome is also an option. the more coats you spray on it the darker it gets. i got my emblems completely black with about 4-5 coats and it has a clear coat to protect it as well

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
did my mirror caps with rusto bedliner back in august-ish. hit one so hard on a tree that the mirror folded in and the only "damage" was some bark scraped onto the mirror cap. soap and water and good as new. rusto is the way to go duplicolor is crap

1 - 20 of 84 Posts