Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's time for a new cover since my bakflip just kinda fell apart and broke after about 2.5/3 years of use. I have had my eyes set on the UnderCover Tonneau and was just wondering if you guys know where I could possibly get one for a great price. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I sometimes discourage people from getting a Bak product, but they sometimes just get "huffy" about it.

If you want an Undercover, you might consider buying it before April 1. Dealer cost goes up on April 1.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
What exactly is the problem you guys are having with the Bak covers? I just ordered the F1 and the reviews I've read on it were mostly good. The only issue I found is that the older covers dented easily and started to bow in the center. Their customer service is supposed to be top notch...have any of you contacted them and explained your issues? Even if it's outside the warranty period they may work with you...

Let me know if I made a mistake... Last thing I want is a $860 dollar cover that only lasts 2-3 yrs before falling apart.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your location?
Metro Atlanta, Henry County to be exact.

What exactly is the problem you guys are having with the Bak covers? I just ordered the F1 and the reviews I've read on it were mostly good. The only issue I found is that the older covers dented easily and started to bow in the center. Their customer service is supposed to be top notch...have any of you contacted them and explained your issues? Even if it's outside the warranty period they may work with you...

Let me know if I made a mistake... Last thing I want is a $860 dollar cover that only lasts 2-3 yrs before falling apart.
I don't know how the F1 will hold up, I had the G2 and I had all kinds of problems with it from the get go. Fantastic concept for a cover and I loved that I could still use the entire bed when needed, but to be honest I feel like the G2 was poorly designed. I know that this cover is not water proof and it sure as hell wasn't water tight, leaks all over the place. The cover actually dulled after a year and the rubber seals along the rails began to tear and the drain was kind of a joke.

I think they redesigned it but the one I had was good for a short period of time and I kinda feel like I wasted my money when I should have gotten the UnderCover in the 1st place. Hope that F1 holds up man :) .

·
Vendor
711 Posts
Have you looked at the Armor Lid covers? They seem to be the same as the undercover to me and are around $100 cheaper. I'm actually in the same boat, just can't decide which of the two to get.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Metro Atlanta, Henry County to be exact.

I don't know how the F1 will hold up, I had the G2 and I had all kinds of problems with it from the get go. Fantastic concept for a cover and I loved that I could still use the entire bed when needed, but to be honest I feel like the G2 was poorly designed. I know that this cover is not water proof and it sure as hell wasn't water tight, leaks all over the place. The cover actually dulled after a year and the rubber seals along the rails began to tear and the drain was kind of a joke.

I think they redesigned it but the one I had was good for a short period of time and I kinda feel like I wasted my money when I should have gotten the UnderCover in the 1st place. Hope that F1 holds up man :) .

Thanks for the feedback Jfree. I checked out a member at the meet we just had and he is having the same issues as you described. I told him to reach out to Bakflip and see if they will do anything for him since the cover is only a little over ~3yrs old. Not sure when the problems started.

Bakflip did redesign the covers to address the problems and the new cover looks much better than the old one. I'm hoping I didn't make the wrong decision. It rained all day yesterday and the bed has only slightly wet. I'm happy so far, but my pitchfork is ready should the cover turn south along with their service and warranty! For the price they charge the cover needs to last at least 5-7yrs with normal use.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been thinking about buying an F1 pretty aggressively lately too. Would love to hear later model owners opinions before dropping 8 bills! agree I'll want to get more than a couple years out of it for that price...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you looked at the Armor Lid covers? They seem to be the same as the undercover to me and are around $100 cheaper. I'm actually in the same boat, just can't decide which of the two to get.
Yeah I am looking at both of them trying to figure out which one is better.

Nissan Undercover Tonneau Covers, LOWEST PRICES on Nissan Undercover Tonneaus

This is the best price I've seen so far and they have free shipping.
Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback Jfree. I checked out a member at the meet we just had and he is having the same issues as you described. I told him to reach out to Bakflip and see if they will do anything for him since the cover is only a little over ~3yrs old. Not sure when the problems started.

Bakflip did redesign the covers to address the problems and the new cover looks much better than the old one. I'm hoping I didn't make the wrong decision. It rained all day yesterday and the bed has only slightly wet. I'm happy so far, but my pitchfork is ready should the cover turn south along with their service and warranty! For the price they charge the cover needs to last at least 5-7yrs with normal use.
I'm going to give them a call and see what they are offering, the new models do look good though. I was even thinking about their rolling cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts