Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm deploying in 2 weeks or so and want to get rid of the Unichip I have in my truck (since the wife's going to be driving it, she wont know the difference anyway SHHHH!). I have been the only owner of it. I'm asking 400 or a better offer.

I'm willing to ship if you pay for it.

For more info Visit: http://www.unichip.us/vehicle/vehicles/3234-2008-Nissan-Titan-56L

I can be reached at 9156675241

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Never herd of this? You might want to explain it some more..

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never herd of this? You might want to explain it some more..
From the Website:

-$595.00 USD

* The Plug 'n Play kit that comes pre-mapped to optimize your bolt-on accessories
* Installs in minutes , ready to roll!

-All models '04,'05,'06,'07,'08 Nissan 5.6 Titan supported

* Adds up to 26hp & 25ft-lb .
* Easily plugs into the stock ECU & ECU harness in minutes , no programming necessary .
* Realizes the full potential of Aftermarket add-on's like Cold-Air-Intakes & exhaust systems , as each kit comes pre-mapped for the exact set-up of each car or truck.
* No end-user tuning necessary , just plug the kit into the car & you're ready to go.
* Easily upgradeable for future add-on's.
* Each kit comes with two maps : a low octane performance map & a high octane performance map, switchable from within the vehicle.
* Fully tuneable by a Unichip Custom Tuner for customized add-on's . This basically means that the Engine Management System in your ride is now as tuner friendly as the most advanced Standalone systems in the world , without sacrificing any of the factory features. This feature is unmatched by any reflash-tuning or other similar product.
* Plug 'n Play harnesses are fully Flux capable - purchase Flux when you purchase the Plug 'n Play kit or upgrade later - Flux simply plugs into the Unichip Plug 'n Play harness.
* Plug 'n Play kits are removed from the vehicle in minutes , returning the vehicle to stock tuning , without leaving a footprint of ever having been modified (a feature which reflash-tuning cannot match).

Dyno Chart can be found on the website

·
Registered
496 Posts
Kind of sounds like the stillen vk pro. Did you notice much improvement?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kind of sounds like the stillen vk pro. Did you notice much improvement?
I notice a difference definitely. Gear shifting and other things have been changed.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Checked out the website. This looks pretty cool!! I wonder how much power this adds really?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Snake Oil.
Nonsense, that's like someone told me the other day that Proactive the acne solution is crap and im like....umm...they are a multimillion dollar company for a reason, people buy their stuff.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nonsense, that's like someone told me the other day that Proactive the acne solution is crap and im like....umm...they are a multimillion dollar company for a reason, people buy their stuff.
Man, I got a bridge to sell you. So your logic is if something sells and makes a company money, it's a legitimate and good product? LMFAO, good luck with that mentality.

Unichip is garbage, period.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
It is just like the VKPro, it is a piggyback which just manipulates the sensor readings. Not what I would want on my truck with the VK history.

You can buy a real tuner for half that money.

·
Registered
496 Posts
It is just like the VKPro, it is a piggyback which just manipulates the sensor readings. Not what I would want on my truck with the VK history.

You can buy a real tuner for half that money.
I was thinking the same thing

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But the Unichip can! Ok, it can't. It will actually harm the vehicle sooner or later....
Unichip went from 1 Titan to another which I've been running for a year now.
No problemos

Sent from my Milestone X using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Reactions: renlo

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Apexi SAFC will do the same thing.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
I have no experience with a unichip on a Titan, but I have used it on a BMW M3 I used to have. I had the "tuner" version of the unichip that allowed you to custom dyno tune a program (similar to uprev). Long story short, they work. After cams, intake, and exhaust, I got 75 WHP more out of that car after a custom unichip tune (with intake, cams, and exhaust). No lie....and that was on a Mustang dyno.

Unichip is not snake oil. I would akin the version for sale to a BDGT tune (off the shelf tune). I ran the unichip for about 3 years with no issues. Just wanted to chime in as I have personal experience with it and it worked great for me, although my version/application was different.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
The Unichip was probably if not the first performance "chip" available for the Titan.
Before Stillen VK Pro or UpRev was on the map
Some of the early guys running it did not do very well on the dyno, while it's "tweabke/tuneable"
none of the Unichip dealers back than had any experiences with a Titan so the Unichip kinda just faded away.
Only problem I see with this sale is the price, at $400 for something use and its in the price range of a NEW BDGT, SC, ect
Almost the price of a NEW base Uprev. GLWS.

Sent from my 2005 Red Alert Titan via the Autoguide app on my ASUS Transformer.:D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
After cams, intake, and exhaust, I got 75 WHP more out of that car after a custom unichip tune (with intake, cams, and exhaust).
So you installed these, and the tune itself gave you 75whp? Or the three mods AND the tune combined gave you that?

If it's the latter, how much did the tune really add? Christ, i would expect almost that much HP from those three mods alone.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts