Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, engine(s) replaced, front cats used came with used engine. I replaced the rear cat pass side due to a code. The rear cat had plugged with cat material from the forward cat. Put a hole in the rear and she ran fine.

Anyway . . . doing some snow plowing last week and just about finished when the batt light and the brake light came on. I had replaced the battery last year, and when I stuck a voltmeter on, it is not charging now. Before I took it back to the shop, I made a couple more passes with the plow. Just once I saw the ABS/VDC light come on and go quickly back off. When this has happened before it was either fried wires (Broken off tailpipe) or rear wheel speed sensors. Anyhow, since the light went right back off (but the red batt and brake lights are still on) I kept plowing. Got to the bottom of the hill, attempted to come back up, and . . . no amount of throttle pressure would make the beast rev up. I let it sit for two days (no would steal one of these POS Titans I'm thinking) and try again. Starts up fine, throttle response is there, so I drive it back to my house. Still just red batt/brake lights.

I guess I'll remove the plow, check for codes . . .then what? Not sure I dare try to drive it to the shop.

I swear I saw a post or comment about the engine not reving when the throttle is depressed, but I cannot find it:confused:

Note: This is NOT the same as those who have posted about not being able to rev past 2500-3000. The beast would not even come off idle!!

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I have no experience on that particular problem, but here are some things I would confirm first:

Ground Connections at each location. There may be 4 or 5 of them. Particularly Engine to Frame and Alternator to Frame.

Hot Wire from Alternator to Battery. (Hope for a Blown Fuse Here, I think there is one, not sure)

Fusible Links, all located at Battery. Mainly available at Dealer if needed, not the local store I found out recently. (I want to buy a few spares quickly!)

Check Alternator Output, expect around 14.2-14.5 Volt DC with Engine Running of course.

Battery Voltage should be 13.0-13.4 with Engine Off.

Check IPDM Box for any Blown Fuses in there.

Check Fuse Box between IPDM and Battery for any Blown Fuses in there.

Check Fuse Box on Passenger Side of Dash for any Blown Fuses (doubtful, mostly lights etc.).

I don't suspect the ECU Relay, as that prevents Engine Running.

Naturally, look around underneath for any cable torn away by snow/ice from plowing operation and no sort circuits from Plow Equipment (doubtful).

It sounds like the IPDM has placed you in what I think is called "Fail Safe" Mode, maybe for low Battery Voltage. It sets the ECU to allow just enough power to move a vehicle slowly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, engine(s) replaced, front cats used came with used engine. I replaced the rear cat pass side due to a code. The rear cat had plugged with cat material from the forward cat. Put a hole in the rear and she ran fine.

Anyway . . . doing some snow plowing last week and just about finished when the batt light and the brake light came on. I had replaced the battery last year, and when I stuck a voltmeter on, it is not charging now. Before I took it back to the shop, I made a couple more passes with the plow. Just once I saw the ABS/VDC light come on and go quickly back off. When this has happened before it was either fried wires (Broken off tailpipe) or rear wheel speed sensors. Anyhow, since the light went right back off (but the red batt and brake lights are still on) I kept plowing. Got to the bottom of the hill, attempted to come back up, and . . . no amount of throttle pressure would make the beast rev up. I let it sit for two days (no would steal one of these POS Titans I'm thinking) and try again. Starts up fine, throttle response is there, so I drive it back to my house. Still just red batt/brake lights.

I guess I'll remove the plow, check for codes . . .then what? Not sure I dare try to drive it to the shop.

I swear I saw a post or comment about the engine not reving when the throttle is depressed, but I cannot find it:confused:

Note: This is NOT the same as those who have posted about not being able to rev past 2500-3000. The beast would not even come off idle!!
Im having the same issue a 06 titan and ill be driving and all the sudden no throttle like i can go but there are no rpms no response at all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts