Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went and tried to work out a deal with a dealership in Mobile (hour away) and they kept trying to screw us over...

We left and went to the local dealer..... they were willing to give us $10,000 off on a 2008 XE (with 18" wheels and rockford sound system) and a long bed...

But I didn't want an XE.. I wanted power windows and what not...

So they're getting me a 08 SE (timberline)

Rockford Fosgate Package with Power Bucket Seat Rockford Fosgate Package with Power Bucket Seat

Trac Package

Tow Package

High Utility Bed Package

So basically fully loaded in eyes.. :D

I got there too late and we didn't finalize a deal but they gave me the truck for the weekend and kept my Dodge.... the dealership is great..no pressure.

They are giving me $15,000 on my trade in. (05 dakota with 40k miles)

I towed a trailer straight from the lot with furniture in it. (6x12 uhaul) and I didn't even know it was back there... where as my Dakota was pulling it and got like 9mpg lol...

Anyhow... we'll know for sure Monday if I am OFFICALLY in the Titan family...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Well stick to your guns on Monday(christmas eve).Make sure you get everything you want the first time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea... well with this dealership I don't have to be an *** and firm with them.

They are in it for me.... it's crazy. I've bought several new cars and I've always been pressured and had to be firm or an asshole to get what I want...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Usually when you take it home, you kinda bought it. Hope that's not your case.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
My dealer let me use one for a weekend.
Just to see if I liked it.
That was all it took to push the wife over the edge, and 2 weeks later, I got mine.
Congrats on a fine choice.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Who's your dealer, name, location, etc.?

Sounds like they could use my business in the future. If I get any crap from the local dealers that will be a fact!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nmanley said:
Who's your dealer, name, location, etc.?

Sounds like they could use my business in the future. If I get any crap from the local dealers that will be a fact!

I went to Chris Myers in Alabama... and they pissed me off. Gave me the run around... Lied to me.. insulted me... etc.

We went to Pat Peck in Gulf Port..... and they're nothing but helpful and extremely non pressure.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks Bab.

Good info.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
I never buy a new vehicle without taking it home for atleast 24 hours. I shopped for months before I decided to take the titan. I test drove the chevy, ford, dodge, and nissan. The chevy was the only one I had a hard time with taking for the whole weekend. I simply told them if they want to sell me a truck they will have to let me test drive it for the whole weekend. The ford dealer was the easiest, he insisted that I take if for the weekend. If they think you are serious in purchasing a vehicle they will happily give it to you for a weekend.

·
Super Moderator
93,864 Posts
Nice choice, and congrat's again on joining the Titan Club :cheers:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm glad they let me take it for the week as I see things I wouldn't see at the dealership.

Theres a decent sized scratch by the gas cap.... so I can get them to buff that or fix that before I actually buy it.

And that's bout it so far..

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
thebab said:
No paperwork was signed.... so that's not the case. :D
Even so you have three days rights of recision.

·
Premium Member
4,633 Posts
As far as I know you do have three days but that's provided you leave the vehicle with them. I don't think you get to add miles to it and then say I don't want it afterall.

Clint

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Clint said:
As far as I know you do have three days but that's provided you leave the vehicle with them. I don't think you get to add miles to it and then say I don't want it afterall.

Clint

I put over 100 miles on each of the vehicles I took for the weekend, and I only bought the titan. Most of the vehicles I took on Friday, and brought back on Monday.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Sftail1990 said:
Even so you have three days rights of recision.

So your saying if I borrow your truck for 3 days than I get to keep it? You are allowed to test drive vehicles for at least the weekend with on obligations.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
helomech said:
I never buy a new vehicle without taking it home for atleast 24 hours. I shopped for months before I decided to take the titan. I test drove the chevy, ford, dodge, and nissan. The chevy was the only one I had a hard time with taking for the whole weekend. I simply told them if they want to sell me a truck they will have to let me test drive it for the whole weekend. The ford dealer was the easiest, he insisted that I take if for the weekend. If they think you are serious in purchasing a vehicle they will happily give it to you for a weekend.
WOW...lol...taking a truck home for the weekend here in NY isn't happening! In fact, thats called Grand Theft Auto here!

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
WOW...lol...taking a truck home for the weekend here in NY isn't happening! In fact, thats called Grand Theft Auto here!

Thats weird, it is pretty much standard practice in the town I've bought all my vehicles.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update:

Finalized the paperwork on the truck yesterday....

Immediately left the lot and picked up the car trailer... loaded my Cobra on it and drove to Austin (9 hour drive)

Sold the Cobra! :D

Good break in on the Titan... it pulled like a champ... didn't even know the trailer was back there.

Turned back around and drove straight back..

My truck now has 1300 miles in 1 day :( :(

I love this thing.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts