Nissan Titan Forum banner

Updates "E" or whatever?

4K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  TBfshrTitan 
#1 ·
I want to know what the "E" update is for-economy is my guess. Also what other software do they change for engine tuning. My 17 Titan seems to shift just fine, and runs decent, not a Hellcat, but decent. I just flipped 1,000 miles and all is good so far. Is the dealer the only one who can tell what update(S) your truck has? Thanks--SC

#2 ·
E comes after D, C, B, A.
That's how that works.

Reactions: LUBECAKES
#3 ·
I'm hit! I'm down! Call a medic!

Reactions: Titan332009
#4 ·
You'd know if your truck is bad. There are a lot of Titans out there that run fine. My was night and day from the D to the E but I wouldn't bother messing with yours if you're happy. There were also reports of things getting worse although part of me thinks once one finds an issue like this, no matter what happens, it's always in their head and will always notice it. Mine still hesitates/stutters around 40/42mph and on occasion it seems to hunt for a gear, but it's still night and day difference.
I would think the dealer would be the only ones to know what was flashed unless maybe a shop with some high end equipment? I really not sure about the 2nd part of your question.

#5 ·
Some people had trouble with the transmission shift points, hence the different "alpha updates". Some even suggested that ALL new titans have the shift problems which is obviously BS. I'm glad that Nissan is fixing the issue though with these updates.

#8 ·
I had a feeling this would happen--good one Mr. Walrus!!!! I was tryiing to figure out all these "updates". Mine is good so far. thanks guys--SC
What I said is literally what it is!

Reactions: Skincannon
#11 ·
The updates aren't incremental, meaning you don't need to get A, B, C, etc. before getting the E update. E is the latest and greatest version.

That being said, I'm quite certain the transmission issues are entirely software related. For some vehicles, the learning mode appears to be quite "aggressive" with altering the shifting points, while others don't seem to have any issues. Some people got the update despite having no issues, only to start having issues after the update.

Most of the issues start creeping up after about 1000 miles, which is supposedly when the adaptive learning mode ends. If you're happy with the shifting, I wouldn't recommend getting the update applied.

#13 ·
I just took my 2017 SL 4x4 in to check on an a/c problem and had them due the transmission update.
The first thing I noticed was the throttle response seems much quicker. I reset my fuel average on my way home and got 19.8 on the highway and 17 in the city which is better than I was getting. 11-14 city and 18-19 highway.
I feel if I really tried I could easily get in the 20s and maybe 18 city. Wish I would have done the update sooner!

#16 ·
What was your AC issue?
I have been having one when the outside temp is 90F-100F+ and the truck is just idling the AC blows HOTTT air.....
It will not start blowing cold until I am driving for at least 3-4 miles at speeds above 35+....
Thanks,

#14 ·
I just bought a 17 sv with 38k mikes. It sluggish. Sometimes shifts quick. Every now and then the rpms bounce around (not often). The biggest thing is, where’s the torque? Lots of down shifting on the highway. Especially with cruise control. The only time the trucks power seems impressive is if I floor it from a stop. Seems like I have to press the throttle half way down to get it going.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.