Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to update the Cipher cable's firmware version? Every time I plug the cable in while the programs open, an error message opens up and says I need to update to version 1.73 or newer, then closes. I've looked at their Support page and haven't seen anything to update it. I replaced all the UI drivers from their site into my files, and nothing.

Any help?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
First, you should run the Software Updater from Uprev to download the lastest files.

Next, check to the Uprev folder where you installed Uprev (typically: c:\program files\uprev). In that folder there should be a Cable Manager folder. Within the Cable Manager folder there is an .exe file, CableManager.exe file which you can execute. The newer cable firmware should be in that folder as well.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Don't you have to plug the cable in first before you open the Cipher/Osiris program's?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I finally got it.

Not for me, I can open the program and then plug the cable in and it works fine for me...

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I didn't realize at first, the need to plug a cable in to just look at an Osiris application. Duh. Instructions and Interface can be greatly improved. Love the results though, and Updates are easier than in the past.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I've never needed to update mine.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had to update mine a few months ago. It would not let me get in when I was connected to my truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts