Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased an 07 Titan KC SE 4x4 with the RF 10 speaker system. The sound is awesome, but the sub loses it's kick when you turn the volume up above about 22. I'm curious if anyone has put in a new amp for the sub itself and where you might put it? Also, I've been thinking about putting in a couple more subs under the rear passenger seats but there are small compartments under these seats. Do these come out or what would you suggest? This is the 2nd vehicle I've purchased in my life and haven't ever upgraded my sound system before, so bear with me being new to this area... Thanks for reading and hopefully I can get some help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am by no means an audio expert, but I would think adding another amp to the existing RF woofer would not be a good idea. I would get rid of the RF woofer replace the head unit and add an amp and woofer. I have been told and seen some info on this forum that the door speakers are 2ohm. if you do use an aftermarket head unit, replace those speakers too because they can kill the head unit. There are others on this forum that are extremely knowledgeable about this audio stuff, so maybe they will chime in here for you.

The storage bins under the seat do come out. My sub is under the rear passenger side seat. Only 200W and a single 10" but it sounds great!

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
The 8" sub in the R/F system is a bit "muddy" when combined with a better sub/amp combo. That's what I have in my truck and I'm going to take the stock sub out to clean up the sound.

The difficulty with the stock system is as COTitan said, it is a 2 Ohm system. So if you upgrade the door speakers or add subs, you will need more amps to power them. You can keep the stock HU and add the amps to run the new components or replace the HU, your choice. There are lots of choices. It just depends on what you are after and how much you want to spend.

But any level of improvement is worth it, IMO... I just added a single JL 10" and JL amp and it's a world of difference.

·
Premium Member
20,158 Posts
Tech12Volts sells a replacement sub that goes under the driver's seat and actually fits. He said it is a great quality upgrade to the existing RF sub but not hugely louder.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought/installed a Pioneer Avic f-90bt in a RF Titan Le and I'm getting popping when I turn on/off the unit. Is this a bad ground or am i going to grenade the new Pioneer unit with the 2ohm speakers??? Sorry, i really don't know to much about stereo stuff. If it to much for me to figure out i'll prob just take it to a prof.

·
Premium Member
20,158 Posts
Talk to Tech12Volts, he'll set you straight.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
I just bought/installed a Pioneer Avic f-90bt in a RF Titan Le and I'm getting popping when I turn on/off the unit. Is this a bad ground or am i going to grenade the new Pioneer unit with the 2ohm speakers??? Sorry, i really don't know to much about stereo stuff. If it to much for me to figure out i'll prob just take it to a prof.
what harness did you use?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought the AMP integration harness. I wired in the ground from the BT unit directly to the chassis. I noticed a wire coming out of the integration harness read "AMp ground", but the coresponding pin on the stock harness is unused so I left it disconnected. There is another black wire coming out of the integration harness that ties to a black/pink stripe wire on the stock harness that I don't have connected. Is this a ground that I need to tie to? I am not using the Antenna wire out of the pioneer, but did tie the AMP turn on from the integration harness to the amp turn on for the new pioneer as it showed ont he instructions that came with the metra.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I bought that under front seat 8 inch RE sub in box from tech. Big difference from 5-30 in the base you get compared to the factory sub. Wont shatter windows but I already have tinitus from years of sonic boom inside my trucks and this was good for me.

·
Super Moderator
93,482 Posts
I bought that under front seat 8 inch RE sub in box from tech. Big difference from 5-30 in the base you get compared to the factory sub. Wont shatter windows but I already have tinitus from years of sonic boom inside my trucks and this was good for me.
Sounds like it's a pretty easy job to swap out also.

·
Registered
242 Posts
electronics engineer haha so I have an advantage....but a 10 year old with no skills probably could have done it to be honest with some directions. I took the bolts out the front seat and leaned it up against the steering wheel, unbolted and removed the factory sub, I actually unscrewed the factory speaker from the box so I could use the ends on the factory wiring. 4 factory wires connect to the 4 wires that come with the package, stick it under the seat. Lean the seat back, tighten the bolts and tiewrap or tape the wires with the rest of the wires under your seat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
electronics engineer haha so I have an advantage....but a 10 year old with no skills probably could have done it to be honest with some directions. I took the bolts out the front seat and leaned it up against the steering wheel, unbolted and removed the factory sub, I actually unscrewed the factory speaker from the box so I could use the ends on the factory wiring. 4 factory wires connect to the 4 wires that come with the package, stick it under the seat. Lean the seat back, tighten the bolts and tiewrap or tape the wires with the rest of the wires under your seat.
I was checking that under seat sub that tech has and it looks like a great upgrade for me. What sub do you have it it? Can I buy a sub with the box? He has a coupl eon ebay for sale but I think they are empty.
y

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,158 Posts
electronics engineer haha so I have an advantage
Well, if you're anything like my father then that just means your mistakes are that much more spectacular. LOL! Thanks for the update on the ease of install. One of these days I'll get this mod, but I've been saying that for months. :(

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I have a 250-1 JL monoblock under the drivers seat and a 10" JL W3 under the seat right behind the drivers seat and it's plenty for a KC

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the AMP integration harness. I wired in the ground from the BT unit directly to the chassis. I noticed a wire coming out of the integration harness read "AMp ground", but the coresponding pin on the stock harness is unused so I left it disconnected. There is another black wire coming out of the integration harness that ties to a black/pink stripe wire on the stock harness that I don't have connected. Is this a ground that I need to tie to? I am not using the Antenna wire out of the pioneer, but did tie the AMP turn on from the integration harness to the amp turn on for the new pioneer as it showed ont he instructions that came with the metra.
Did you ever figure this out? I just installed the same F90bt in my 2008.5 and getting the same popping upon turn on. Not too bad, but enough to cause concern. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same issue here with a P4100DVD in an 08.5 LE w/ RF system, popping with ignition on and off and when switching sources. Any ideas from anyone who corrected this problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you have the RF system with amp and plan to use it, you have to send high level inputs (speaker leads) to the factory amp. You need the wiring harness for the non RF system even if you have it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts